Kodalith 2556 in Microdol-X, Meyer Primagon and Micro-Nikkor

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by grobbit, Feb 18, 2013.

1. grobbit

grobbit Member

First four with Micro-Nikkor 3.5/55, last two with Meyer Primagon 4.5/35.

This film is in poor condition, it expired 1986 and has lost some speed and has a high level of base fog. For some unknown reason there is some slight fogging along both edges. When it's developed and fixed, there is a silvery residue that has to be wiped off and the film when dry has a beige colour. It's knackered basically, so I'm quite impressed I managed to get anything from it. I do like the sharpness, lack of grain and orthochromatic rendering.

Souped in Microdol-X diluted 1:3 for 35mins at 28C.

Attached Files:

2. Newt_on_Swings

Newt_on_Swings Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Cool shots, thats one mean looking mouse trap! Its such a slow film already, what did you end up shooting it at if it lost speed?!

3. grobbit

grobbit Member

Cheers. It said rat trap on the box, just one of the many interesting and arcane old things in my dad's garage.

I rated this roll at 12, I think 35mins, 28C is push processing and the film is probably even slower than 12.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
  4. Newt_on_Swings

Newt_on_Swings Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ah a rat trap, it makes sense. Also you could try a faster acting developer or less dilution to try and minimize the appearance of the base fog. It may help as the developer doesn't have to required time to act fully on the fogged parts keeping it down.