konica big mini

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by awwsheeet, Sep 24, 2011.

1. awwsheeet

awwsheeet Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    i want a big mini f but it seems like there the LEAST amount of info about them maybe its a jap spec camera or maybe cause it was never any good but something cheap with exp compensation would be so grand.

anyone have any info?

2. Jerevan

Jerevan Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
  3. awwsheeet

awwsheeet Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    theres alot of versions. mostly f3.5 but the F is the last rendition and is f2.8

4. CGW

CGW Restricted Access

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    For starters, don't use the term "jap."

Lots of info if you use Google.

The Big Mini was made famous by Hiromix in the 90s.

5. awwsheeet

awwsheeet Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    its japanese specification

i dont think that the jap spec abbreviation was inappropriate.(or offensive)

i have google also ...its minimal in info. a few people asking about it and you just hear about hiromix robert frank in vanity fair and how its a cult camera. maybe im just looking to sample pics and if people dig more or less than the other usual suspects.

anyone have one?

6. mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have one as my pocket camera and I like it a lot. The lens is very good, the exposure determination is quite accurate and it's very discrete (at least, compared to my other cameras!) Like most of its kind, though, there is a distinct lag between pressing the shutter release and when it gets around to making the exposure. I like my Big Mini for casual snapshots but it won't be replacing my Yashica Electro any time soon.

Mike

7. darinwc

darinwc Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The big mini is a high-quality point-and-shoot camera similar to a yashica t4 and olympus stylus epic.
    If i remember correctly, the lens is a 30mm instead of the fairly standard 35mm of the others.
    It has a nice slim profile. The shutter is quiet, but the film advance is loud. (at least on mine).
    Other than that, it has pretty much the same specs as the others.

It is an enjoyable pocket camera.