Konica Hexanon GR II 210mm

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by JohnArs, Jul 11, 2005.

1. JohnArs

JohnArs Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi all

I have the Konica Hexanon GR II 210mm and it is dirty in the middle of the lens. This is a called a barrell lens for reproduction wich does not have a shutter.
    Is it possible to take apart or not for cleaning or is it a must for a repairman?

2. acroell

acroell Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    If "the middle of the lens" is the glass facing the aperture, you can probably do it, provided the 210mm is built the same as the 260mm GR II which I own. On each side of the barrel there are 3 tiny set screws sunk into the barrel, securing the lens cells. You have to remove/loosen those with a tiny screwdriver. After that each lens cell assembly can be unscrewed from the barrel by turning it.

3. scootermm

scootermm Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I have a 300mm Konica Hexanon GR II the front and rear elements just unscrew to get to the interior. after removing the set screws.

4. JohnArs

JohnArs Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks I did it and it worked well on my 210mm, but now on my 260mm wich I also have there is the dirth inside of the front element I tried to unscrew the front but had no luck so I think I must send it to a repairshop.