Konica hi-loader help

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by NDP_2010, Oct 26, 2010.

1. NDP_2010

NDP_2010 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello, I purchased a bulk of darkroom equiptment and with it came a 'konica hi-loader' but there are no instructions and google search did not return much. I assume this is a device for bulk loading of film (?). There was also an empty packet of 30m film in this lot of equiptment. I have opened it and saw some film sticking out the end.

My equestion is, does anyone know how to operate this device and if so give me some instructions what to do.
    Is there a way of finding out how much film is left inside?
    Or is there somewhere I could find instructions to this device. I would not mind making a few rolls of film at home.

Thankyou.

2. desegershon

desegershon Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Konica Hi Loader

I noted your query on the loader. I actually found two of these yesterday (30 11 2011) in an old box given to me some years ago plus a number of plastic 35mm cassettes. Same problem - no instructions although it seems obvious. There is turning handle and a small black pointer with a position for a screw. I cant get the handle to move or what to do with the screw. Did you ever find anything out at all?

regards,

Des E Gershon
    UK

3. ALAN1950

ALAN1950 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    can send you a copy of instructions

4. kautsu

kautsu Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    [​IMG]

I scanned this from the box of my cherry hi-loader, it should be same as your loader. Residual film meter (4 on the image) should show how much film is inside.

I like this loader very much, it wont waste too much film when loading casette and it's dead simple to use.

Hopefully this image helps! :smile:

This video shows how to use this loader.

[video=youtube;-eqnuilNnAM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eqnuilNnAM[/video]

For re-usable casettes, tape film to the spool that goes inside the casette and make sure it lines up with the film.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
  5. Xmas

Xmas Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Holy cow batman thread resuraction...

You can still get loaders and bulk film.

New the loaders are way expensive but used and servicable cheap, the bulk film is cheaper than 135 cassettes except for Alaris.

I'm still using expired from before OP date when some was 'given away' when survelliance cameras went digital.