Krikor buffed my 'Cord

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Mike Té, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Mike Té

Mike Té Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I sent my cute little Rolleicord Vb2 off to Krikor Maralian at Krimar Photo exactly 2 weeks ago (Ottawa to New Jersey, fairly close, still have to cross the border with the usual inherent paperwork). It had sticky slow speeds, a non-functioning self-timer and a completely hacked-up screen. He called me one week after I sent it for confirmation of the necessary work and it was back in town 5 days later! Snaps smoothly and has a new Maxwell screen, freshly loaded with some TMax. Should be good for another 40 years, at which time I'll post it in the classifieds here :smile: . So, keep your eyes open.

Similar cost as other good repair shops, a recommendation from me.

http://www.krimarphoto.com/

2. Mike Té

Mike Té Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well, I put the TMax in...

3. wilsonneal

wilsonneal Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Yup, Krikor's done good work for me, too. I am glad he's still working on Rollei.
    Neal

4. r-brian

r-brian Member

I, too, highly recommend Krikor. Sent him my 3.5F. He completely rebuilt the shutter (new main spring and timer assembly) and adjusted focus and film transport. New Mexico to New Jersey and back, 12 days.

5. Mike Té

Mike Té Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    He just called me to be sure I was satisfied. Top notch.

6. photobum

photobum Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    He did a complete overhaul on my 3.5F last year. Living in NJ I dropped it off and it was done in a day and a half. When I picked up the camera the UPS man had just dropped off a box with nine TLR's in it. Sure wished I saw the return address. I wonder what Rollie repairman sends his stuff out?

Maybe that's why other shops have such long turn-around times.

7. Wolfeye

Wolfeye Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Could you reveal the cost? PM is fine. I have a Rolleicord III that my wife gave me for my birthday that I may want to send it for a CLA.