Kudos to B&H

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by eddym, Dec 29, 2009.

1. eddym

eddym Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Actually, I'd like to laud both B&H and the US Postal Service for both doing a good job.

I placed an internet order with B&H on the evening of Wednesday, December 23. What with the holidays, I didn't know what to expect in terms of shipping promptness and delivery time to Puerto Rico.

B&H shipped the order the next day... Thursday, Christmas Eve. I received it at my PO box Monday morning. I think that's pretty great service from both B&H and the USPS, and I would like to thank B&H publicly for doing a good job.

Oh, I should also point out that when I first checked on the item a few days earlier, it was not in stock. I clicked on the "Email me when this item is back in stock" button, and sure enough, a few days later I received an email which prompted my order.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2009
  2. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I agree on all three!:D

3. jovo

jovo Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not only did B&H come through with delivering an order in 2 days just before Christmas, but for some reason or other, shipping was free. If it's free, it's for me!!! Henry Posner of B&H checks in here now and then I suppose, especially if there's a B&H thread, and if he happens to read this, well: Good on ya, B&H!

4. moouers

moouers Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ordered my stuff with ground shipping on the 21st of December...should have been here around the 28th or 29th but I got the box on the 24th. They gave me three day shipping when I paid much less for ground. I'm very pleased. Three day shipping on a 28 lb. box can't be too cheap...

5. opticagent

opticagent Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ordered something on the Dec 23rd, and it indicated I would get it on the 29th (3 day shipping). Thing really shipped on the 28th, I am still waiting, it is not going to be here till the 4th of January! So much for 3 day shipping. Wished I could share in your B&H cheers. Instead I am left shaking me fist!

6. henryp

henryp Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you. All the best to you and yours for the new year.

7. Dave Pritchard

Dave Pritchard Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Another comment that B&H shipped on time and got an item to me in time for Christmas. Good work.

8. KenS

KenS Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    After many hours of phoning and searching for a Canadian supplier for Pictorico for making 'upsized' alternative process negatives from my 4x5 in-camera negatives, I finally had to go 'offshore' to B&H.

While I am not 'slow' in bitching about what might be termed 'poor' or 'less than acceptable' customer service I am quite happy to 'spread the word' when a company's support service has been both pleasant, and positive.

I indicated that I was somewhat reluctant to have them sent my purchase by UPS due to their extremely high brokerage charges and the B&H representative 'knew' how to overcome that problem
    by choosing a different shipping company who would not charge more for 'brokerage' than the value of the shipment.

Add one more oversized kudo to the customer sales/service staff at B&H.

Ken

9. henryp

henryp Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    At the risk of seeming redundant, thank you.

10. SafetyBob

SafetyBob Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thank you Mr. Posner, your company is pretty much my go to place for many, many items, not just photography needs. While I have never had to call anyone for help ordering or for help fixing an issue, it's nice to know 99+ out of a 100 times everything gets done perfect. So far over the past 4 to 5 years I have used B&H, I have yet to have one order messed up by you or the shipping company. Actually, it's nice to have the great choices for shipping.......I have needed stuff the next day and you have come through everytime.

The next time I come to NYC, I will make sure and stop by the store.

Thanks for supporting us small time photographers enjoy our hobby.

Bob E.