Lab for E-6/push 4 stops

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by David A. Goldfarb, Nov 11, 2005.

1. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Anyone know of a lab that can push E-6 4 stops? It's not something that I need that often, but on rare occasions, I expose Fuji RMS (120) at EI 1000, which Fuji says is possible with a 4-stop push, and I found out today that my usual lab (Modernage--a pretty big NYC pro lab) is only set up to go 3 stops in their dip and dunk, and Tetenal 3-bath, which I do at home, is only reliable for a 1-stop push I find.

Meanwhile, I have an e-mail in to Duggal.

2. glennfromwy

glennfromwy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A&I in Hollywood should be able to take care of you. That may not help, being on the other end of the country, though. Pre-paid mailers for 35mm/120 are available from B&H. A&I is one of the best labs in the country. http://www.aandi.com

3. David A. Goldfarb

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I've used A&I, and I like them and will send them an e-mail, but they don't say what their maximum push is on their website.

4. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    David,

Any of the processing labs that use the Agfa programmable E6 processing machines should be able to do a 4 stop push, in looking at my box of 220 RMS the increase in First developer times over a 3 stops is only 1 minute an increase of 14 to 15 minutes, which we used to do at one of the shops I worked for(now out of business) and we were using a agfa programmable machine..

Dave

5. David A. Goldfarb

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thanks, Dave. That helps. I suspect that some of these large labs are using big Refrema dip-and-dunk units, and since +4 is a fairly infrequent request these days (since Provia 400F is the film I should really have been using, had I known it was going to be that dark), they just don't devote a program to it, and it wouldn't be worth doing a whole custom E-6 run on one of these things for one roll of film.