Lab in Palm Springs, CA?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Lazybones, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Lazybones

Lazybones Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hi there, everyone! I will be in Palm Springs, CA next week, and I'm bringing the field camera with me. Anyone know of a good lab in this area? I'll be shooting color neg 4x5... I have heard something about a lab called Sweet Light... is this the place to go?

Thanks!

2. JLP

JLP Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Can't give you any details about a lab in the area unfortunately but, If you dont' get any other responses and if John, the owner of the Camera Exhange on N. Palm Canyon drive didn't close his business yet (Posted in another tread recently) you can check with him, i'm sure he would tell you where 4x5's are processed in the area.
    I don't remember the address but it's about a block north of where N. Palm Cyn Dr. turns into a one way. (The Drag)
    Enjoy the Desert..

jan

3. colrehogan

colrehogan Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    I don't know how far away Santa Ana is from Palm Springs, but there is a lab called Main Photo & Imaging there that does do 4x5 C41. http://www.mainphoto.com/

4. Lazybones

Lazybones Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    It's over one and a half hours, without traffic, one way. I won't have time for that, but thank you for the suggestion.

JLP, thanks for your suggestion as well. I will see if he's still around. Things don't sound good on the internet/news: they're saying he's going to be all closed up before the end of the month... I feel terrible for the guy.

I'm leaving wednesday morning, so if anyone has any more info before then...