Lab to send fuji quickloads

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by LoganCAdams, Mar 17, 2012.

1. LoganCAdams

LoganCAdams Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I shot my first bits of 4x5 this week, and now I have realized I don't know where to send them. Who do you recommend for 4x5 quickloads? They are E-6.

2. DanielStone

DanielStone Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    where are you located? Here's some of my recommended places for E-6, along with their location. All handle mail-order processing.

Datachrome (Orange County, CA)

www.data-chrome.com

Samy's Camera (Santa Barbara, CA)

www.samys.com (lab is located at the S.B. store location, phone # is on their website)

Praus Productions (Rochester, NY)

http://www.4photolab.com/

I've used Samy's and now Datachrome for my E-6 processing, all formats 35mm-->8x10. Both are tremendous places to do business with. Both have fast turnaround M-F.

-Dan

3. tnabbott

tnabbott Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Is it correct that you have no interest in developing these yourself? I am dev'ing the quickload 4x5 and it's quite easy.

4. Scott_Sheppard

Scott_Sheppard Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. kitok

kitok Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I am considering to begin processing my 4x5 quickload transparencies at home. What chemistry do you use to process your E-6?
    Thank you.

6. kitok

kitok Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I am new to the processing of E-6 but not new to home film processing. I process my own B&W film.
    What E-6 chemicals do you recommend for home use. The 5 bath, the rapid 3 bath, Tetenal, Arista? Any suggestions you have would be terribly helpful. Thank you.

7. tnabbott

tnabbott Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I use the 7 bath Kodak 5L kit. I have 1.5 boxes left. I also have Fuji 5L kits and some of the larger Kodak chemicals in 10L size. Processing at home is really not hard, just don't try it on an important roll for the first few attempts. Some examples of my home processed chromes are at http://thomasnabbott.tumblr.com/

8. kitok

kitok Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    tnabbott,

Thank you for the reply and thank you for sharing your examples. Do you process manually or do you have an automated system?
    I have had no luck locating the Fuji or Tetenal E-6 kits in the US and have found the cost of International shipping to be price prohibitive to my importing the kits.
    So I am going to give the 3 bath Arista kit, which I can purchase from Freestyle, a try and follow it up with a final stabilizing bath containing the formalin omitted in the Arista kit. I am hoping that does the trick.

Where do you source your chemistry from?