Lamp for Beseler 23C enlarger

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by barbara ann, Jan 12, 2007.

1. barbara ann

barbara ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    What kind of lamp do I get for my (used) Beseler 23C enlarger? Where should I look to purchase one? I don't know how long the one I have will last and since I got this used, there is no user manual to refer to !

2. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    it will depend on the date of the unit.

does it have a screw in bulb or a push and click type
    ?

try Kennedy's in chicago, at ebay they are known as light64, some of the best bulb prices i have ever seen, and they must have every known one in the universe

3. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'd suggest KHB Photographix in Ontario, Canada. They sell a lot of enlarger bulbs and manuals on eBay for Beseler etc., and are authorized dealers and warranty repair technicians as well.

They are very helpful, and are definitely used to selling into the US market.

Here is an eBay page relating to Beseler 23C enlargers (note that one of the listings is for a European 220V bulb).

http://search.stores.ebay.ca/KHB-Photografix_Beseler-23C_W0QQfcdZ2QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ3QQfromZR10QQfsnZKHBQ20PhotografixQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQfsubZ3QQftsZ2QQsaselZ41430953QQsofpZ0

Hope this helps

Matt

P.S. Although they do a lot of their sales of bulbs and manuals through an eBay store, they do have a traditional, bricks and mortar business. Here is the link to their main website as well http://www.khbphotografix.com/

I don't have any interest or connection to them, other than as a satisfied customer (I have a Beseler 67C enlarger)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2007
  4. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Isn't it going to matter which head it has?

5. Bruce Osgood

Bruce Osgood Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My Beseler 23C Dichro uses a replacement bulb from USHIO HALOGEN Projector Lamp ESJ 82V 85W (Volt and Watts). I buy them at B&H.

6. Flotsam

Flotsam Member

My 23c condenser Black and White head uses a 111A 75w bayonet (not screw-in) bulb. I usually add one or two to my orders from B&H or Adorama. They last quite a while but usually burn out at the most inconvenient times.

7. reellis67

reellis67 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Yes. Of the 4 23C model condenser heads that I have, there appear to be two different bulb sockets. If you have the old bulb it should say on it what it is. If not, if you tell us what the socket looks like we may be able to tell you which bulb you need. If you have a diffusion head, then you're looking at a different type of bulb than what I can help you with.

- Randy

8. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    what numbers are on your current bulb.
    just call one of the suggested vendors and they should be able to quote you a price.
    Or go to beseler's website and check for parts or call them.

light source type is important, it is going to be either a cold light, dichro head or a condensor, The condensor type heads have several different types of sockets; screw or bayonet. color heads use a different type bulb and have a plug in connection. A cold light head is a special coil.

9. avandesande

avandesande Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    If you are a cheapskate like me freestyle sells 'off brand' bulbs that fit the 23c.