Large Format Exhibition to benefit Cancer Patients

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by Steve Sherman, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Steve Sherman

Steve Sherman Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    The 5th Raid Our Gallery, a Large Format Exhibition of Photography. All proceeds go directly to those patients enduring Cancer treatments through the Middlesex Cancer Center located in Middletown, Connecticut. ROG takes place October 7, 2013 for two hours only.

In addition to the 20+ members of the New England Large Format Photography Collective who each donate 3 of their own images, other notable
    LF photographers contributing original works include Sandy King, Bill Schwab, Ken Lee, Bob Carnie, Laura Paterson, Monty McCutchen, Jim Shanesy, Joe Freeman, Laura Campbell, Michael Mutmansky, Terry Hayden, Ed Richards and Craig Huber.

Please PM me for more details if you would like to purchase a Gallery Ticket or to attend the event.

Cheers!

2. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is a great cause and a fun event to attend. If you live within driving distance, please try to make it for the benefit... good photos to see, good food to eat and many nice people to meet.

As in the past I will be contributing prints to help cause... hope to see many of you there.

3. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Laura and I contribute to this great cause, it is a wonderful night and lots of wonderful prints to be had.

4. michael_r

michael_r Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Best wishes to Steve Sherman, Bob and everyone else participating in this. It's a wonderful cause and seems like it would be a nice opportunity to see a wide variety of photographs.

5. Shawn Dougherty

Shawn Dougherty Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Can't make it up, Gene. Keep an eye on my print for me, will ya? =)

6. DMG

DMG Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    This is a wonderful opportunity to support a great cause. I urge you to purchase a ticket for the 5th annual Raid Our Gallery Benefit for the Middlesex Cancer Center. Beautiful photography presented by the group (www.nelfpc.com) & the extended family. A ticket holder walks away with a fine art print!

Hope to see you there!

Dan

7. papagene

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    BUMP!! :D

8. DMG

DMG Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
  9. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I do not see my dress shot or Lauras submission?

10. DMG

DMG Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Evening Bob,

I'm sure there are many folks feeling the same as you. A total of 80 images will need to be uploaded to our site. This is a monumental task that John G. Is taking on, so please be patient.

Regards, Dan

11. DMG

DMG Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Images generously donated to cancer benefit.

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. This image by Monty McCutchen has been donated to this years cancer benefit.

To purchase a ticket for this event, please click the link below.
    http://middlesexhospital.org/donate-now/raid-our-gallery

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have about this event.

Thank you, Dan Groth

Image generously donated by Monty McCutchen
    image.jpg

12. DMG

DMG Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Thank you John G! He has been updating the web site, you can expect to see 80 donated images when finished. I have attached Bob Carnie's image. Thank you Bob!

www.nelfpc.com

Generously donated by Bob Carnie
    image.jpg

13. DMG

DMG Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Generously donated by Shawn Doherty.
    image.jpg
    Thank you Shawn, I have my eye on your print if Gene doesn't.

Regards, Dan

www.nelfpc.com

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Shawn Dougherty

Shawn Dougherty Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks, Dan. I'm always thrilled to contribute to this wonderful benefit. And also a bit curious about where my prints end up. =)

16. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    From last years I believe all tickets are put in a hat and as your number is pulled you get to pick your print of choice.

It feels a bit like a hockey stick draw before the game where everyones stick is laid out and the team captain picks your stick

very embarrasing if you image is picked last... I pay Sherman to make sure my image is picked in the first go around ,,, makes me feel better about my work.

17. DMG

DMG Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    This is a fun analogy of this event Bob!
    The donating photographers are all in the Atrium with great anticipation, we would like to see our prints fly off the shelf, but at the same time, we as ticket holders, want the print that we have chosen to be there when our number is called!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2013
  18. DMG

DMG Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Explanation of Raid Our Gallery

Explanation of Raid Our Gallery:

The 5th Annual Raid our Gallery is an exhibition of 80 large format photographs to benefit the Middlesex Cancer Center. Purchasing a ticket for this event will put you into a random drawning at the event. When your ticket is chosen, you may choose any large format photograph remaining for your collection.

If you are unable to attend you may view the entire series of LF photographs at the nelfpc link below and submit a prioritized proxy list. NELFPC will provide a proxy for each submited list.

Join us from 6:00 - 9:00pm on October 7th 2013 at the Middlesex Cancer Center Atrium, Middletown CT. Your support of Raid Our Gallery helps the Middlesex Cancer Center patients from the time they become survivors at the time of diagnosis through their treatment and beyond. Tax deductible tickets may be purchased in advance. Please contact NELFPC or Middlesex Hospital for more information.

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Thank you, Dan Groth

http://nelfpc.com/rog-2013/rog-2013/

Generously donated by Michael Mutmansky.
    image.jpg

19. DMG

DMG Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I would imagine this photographer needs no introduction. We are excited to have Sandy King return to our 5th Annual Raid Our Gallery. This year he has offered a Carbon Print from Mexico titled, Ancient Fig Tree.

Follow the link below for gallery tickets & donation options, & please feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Thank you for your interest, Dan

Generously donated by Sandy King.
    image.jpg

20. papagene

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here's one of my prints for the Raid Our Gallery benefit:

Attached Files:

21. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    I won't be able to attend since I'm in Holland. But if someone could buy me a ticket and send me the winning image (I'll pay for the shipping costs).
    It's a beautiful collection of picturres indeed!

If I had won I would choose:

1) Perlacky-3
    2) Hanson-03
    3) Curtis-g-02
    4) Sherman-02
    5) Curtis-m-01
    6) Phil-02

22. DMG

DMG Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format

Hello Bert from Holland,

I have a link below that will allow you to purchase a ticket. I will be happy to work with you to ship your winning print. I would think it may be difficult to give you a shipping estimate, but, I think you would want to insure it for the ticket amount & of course I will charge you the actual cost of shipping plus the expense of purchasing a proper box. If this works for you we will use your list when your number is called.
    Thank you for your interest & feel free to contact me with any questions.

Regards, Dan Groth

Generously donated by Lyle Allen.
    image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013
  23. DMG

DMG Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Maybe some of you have attended a workshop at Steve Sherman's house/darkroom. The Sherman's have been very open to have large groups of people into their house for darkroom demonstration. One thing you notice as you walk through the living space, is all of the photographs they has collected. Not only does Steve display his own work, but work of others who he admires. The Raid Our Gallery is an excellent way to support a great cause & gather a collection of fine photographs at the same time.

Please consider purchasing a gallery ticket for this years ROG for $150.00. A donation of any amount toward this cause will also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your interest, Dan Groth

Generously donated by Ken Hanson.
    image.jpg

Please keep in mind that the low res jpeg images fail to represent the quality of this work.

24. DMG

DMG Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Please help us by donating to the Cancer Center. We still have gallery tickets available for the October 7, 2013 benefit. NELFPC over the past 4 Raid Our Gallery Benefits has raised over 40,000 to benefit cancer patients & their family's. By purchasing a gallery ticket for $150 you are put into a drawing for a fine art print for your collection. There are 80 prints from which to choose your favorites.

http://nelfpc.com/rog-2013/rog-2013-gallery/

Please help us grow this event!

Thank you, Dan Groth

Generous donations by NELFPC members, D. LaBella, G. LaFord, D. Matuszek & L. Perlaky.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Please keep in mind that the low res jpeg images fail to represent the quality of this work.

25. Shawn Dougherty

Shawn Dougherty Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    More excellent work! I'm honored to be a part of this and hope you can find a home for the remaining tickets. Such a worthwhile cause.

26. DMG

DMG Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    First, let me thank you Shawn, for your generous donation & supporting this cause.
    I would also like to thank both Ginette & Jim for purchasing a Gallery ticket to the 5th Annual Raid Our Gallery. I am collecting their lists & getting prepared for the benefit. If anyone else purchased a ticket from out of the New England area, please feel free to contact me with your list, or any questions you may have.

We still have Gallery Tickets available, so please help us by supporting this cause & acquiring a fine art print for your collection.

Thank you, Dan Groth

To view the 80 prints:
    http://nelfpc.com/rog-2013/rog-2013-gallery/

Purchase a gallery ticket:

Generously donated by Shawn Dougherty.
    image.jpg
    Please keep in mind that the low res jpeg image fails to represent the quality of this work.