Latest 35mm (RF, P&S or SLR) purchase

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Bromo33333, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Bromo33333

Bromo33333 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Mine: Graflex Graphic 35 on eBay last night. If it works will be a lot of fun as I am in Rochester, NY. If it does not - well, thems the breaks! (Anyone know anyone that can do a CLA on it if I want to use it?)

2. kb244

kb244 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My most recent 'purchase' is a Canon P Rangefinder from a fellow APUGer.

3. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Mine was an SRT101 on eBay in March. I'm glad I got it. I don't use a battery so I need a light meter and this slows my photographic process down. I know my XG-M's are not point and shoots, but they are close enough.

4. bohica

bohica Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bought 3 "broken" SLR's on ebay for $14.50 with shipping and got a Nikon FG that only needed fresh batteries to work. Just bought a disposable kodak to take to halloween party at my fav bar since last time I took one of my good cameras in there, a red head that bore a remarkable resemblence to Kirstin Dunstz spilled her beer on it.

5. SonicME64

SonicME64 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Canon F-1 (original), in really fantastic shape, serial number under 150,000. Had a CLA done and new light seals put in, and this tank has been a joy to use. Though the relative unavailability of PX625 replacement batteries that give correct voltage has lead me to use it sans battery, so no light meter. The results have been wonderful thus far, as it appears my eye is doing me justice these days. :smile:

6. Earl Dunbar

Earl Dunbar Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bromo: The grandfather of my partner at work designed the Speed Graphic... if it doesn't work, maybe we can work on a solution!

My latest purchase was an Olympus 35LC, which went to Camtech on LI for a CLA ... took two attempts as the RF was very stubborn, but it's working very well now and I shot with it last night at Johnny's. The VF isn't as nice as the 35SP, but the shutter is much quieter/more pleasant than the SP.

Also shot with the 35SP and an XA last night ... Oly mania!

Sonic: The F1 is superb... if I were to get a Canon SLR, that would be the one.

7. dana44

dana44 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    KALIMAR K-90 SLR 35MM CAMERA CASE FLASH TELEPHOTO LENS.

Sorry it's in caps, I am lazy and just copied and pasted it from the bid. I won it for $20.50 and payed like $8.00 for shipping, now just for it get here

it's a 80-200MM lense, and if anyone has example pictures of what a 80-200mm lense can do, please post!

8. Mike Kennedy

Mike Kennedy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yashica MG-1

Mint camera & case. Cool shooter.
    ALWAYS check out your local Sally Ann or other thrift store. I've picked up a Yashica A, Zenit , Zorki, and numerous P&S. All for the price of a cup of joe.

9. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Olympus XA last month (XA2 a couple of weeks before that).

Steve.

10. unohuu

unohuu Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    F100

11. juan

juan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bell & Howell/Canon Canonet 19 - I believe the first of the Canons imported. Has the film advance lever on the bottom rather than the top. After loosening it up, it seems to work just fine. Found it at a thrift store.
    juan

12. naturephoto1

naturephoto1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Mine was a Rollei 35S RF.

Rich

13. kb244

kb244 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Good deal... shame it wasnt a QL-17 instead, but I bet you did not have to pay more than 5 to 10 at the thrift store. Extra bonus if the meter/auto function sitll works.

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. C A Sugg

C A Sugg Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Picked up an Agfa Karat 4 for $10 at a moving sale a few weeks ago. (Solagon 1:2/50) Rangefinder was rather sluggish a first, but OK now. Everything else is good, although the resolution was not quite what I'd hoped. I've cleaned on crud off the rear element I missed at first. I hope that improves things. There was a repair sticker from the late 70's inside. Perhaps the lens wasn't reassembled properly.
    Oh well.
    Charles

16. Earl Dunbar

Earl Dunbar Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Olympus LC that needed a CLA (I knew it would) ... the VF is not as good as an Oly 35SP, but the shutter is OH so quiet and sweet!

17. John Shriver

John Shriver Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Topcon 35-L fixed-lens rangefinder. $74 on eBay. Sold AS-IS, hoping it's fine enough. Fine 44/2 Topcor lens, parallax-corrected Albada finder. For the Topcon collector in me.

18. unohuu

unohuu Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yet a 3rd F100. I really like using this camera.

19. ricksplace

ricksplace Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Pentax sp1000 that I needed like another hole in my head. Sure is purty though...

20. petebown

petebown Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Leica R7 bought from eBay for £36 GBP... Not a typo! £36 GBP for a Leica R7!

Yes it was in a sorry state and sold as such, but I took the gamble.
    Just had the camera fully repaired, serviced and restored with a 6 month warranty for £195 GBP.

What a bargin... and what a lovely camera!!!

Pete

21. naturephoto1

naturephoto1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Pete,

Enjoy the camera. I have had my R7 for some years now. Though the R8 is my favorite R series camera and the R4SP is my camera when I need the smallest size and weight along with 1/100 and B setting if the camera batteries fail, I do like the R7.

Rich

22. Confusion Circle

Confusion Circle Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Leica M6 titanium w/ 35 Summilux titanium.

23. unohuu

unohuu Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    300mm f/4 for the F100s

24. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    not really a purchase , but new to me

An OlympusTrip 35, found sitting in a closet, when helping to move my sister in law. "oh , that's broken' she says.

I take it home, thinking broken means a good chance to increase camera repair skills. Yes, automatic was 'broken', but manual stiing of camera wre working fine. Dis-assembly revealed that a trimming resistor had broken a terminal off, likely from some past vibration/shock trauma. Some blu-tack sticky tack is presently holding the resistor together, and now automatic is working again. At first blush the exposure seems ok, but I am not sure if the cadium sulfide photocell is still pumping out as strong a voltage as it once did, when it was new. Sitting in the dark unused for about 34 years bodes well for it though.

The other finds from the day were:
    a Minolta SRT-101 with a loose speed index ring (again, for now, blutack). Nice serindipity - my x-700 got wet and accordingly died less than a month earlier. That makes 2 srt-101's in the camera bag now - and it is getting rather heavy, since there is next to no plastic in these bodies.

A Kodak 126 Instamatic model 135 in eveready hard case. Way oboslete, but apparently a pretty rare one in its day as well. It will likely move when I ramp up some e*** for sale stuff in a few more weeks to drum up some stocking stuffer money.

25. ineffablething

ineffablething Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Canon EOS 1n with power booster in mint condition for 100 bucks.

26. raizans

raizans Member

a pj screen for my canon new f-1. :D