legacy pro film developer

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by rberry65, May 11, 2010.

1. rberry65

rberry65 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    just bought some Legacy-Pro film developer. It dose not have processing times on it. Dose anyone know where I can get a developing chart?

2. Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    That's a Freestyle Sales Co product, is it not? If so, they have developer charts on their website.

3. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What is it, they make a clone of Microdol/Perceptol, D76, Tmax dev etc, what's the Number ?

Ian

4. rberry65

rberry65 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It is, but I couldn't find Legacy-Pro on the chart. I bought it because I use the film ( I love the fine grain it has). I've never had a problem developing it with D-76, just wanted to see if it made any difference.

5. rberry65

rberry65 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Not quite sure what your asking, Ian, I'm quite new to the darkroom business. Matter of fact, just finished building it yesterday.

6. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The LegacyPro developer must have a number like - L110R or L-76, Lmax etc.

The Legay Pro range is made by PSIinc, who also make colour chenistry kits, it was previously sold as Kentmere chemistry when Freestyle were the US distributor of Kentmere papers prior to Ilford taking over Kentmere.

So look for Kentmere developer on Digitaltruth

Ian

7. Jan Pietrzak

Jan Pietrzak Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    rb,

What Ian is asking is what is the full name of the developer package?? LagacyPro is a repackage of the Kentmere products L76 was K76, L110 was K110, and LMax was KMax. Go to the site and look at the developing chart for the times. It can be done 2 ways film used and developer or just select the developer and it will give you all the films and times. You should find that the L line of products very good. I know because I did some of the early testing on the product for FreeStyle. We did some side by side with the Yellow Box stuff.

Trust Me it is a good product.

Jan Pietrzak

Ps, use the Kentmere name for the product

8. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Often the chemists at companies like PSInc (who make Unicolor chemistry) are ex Kodak etc so have good knowledge of the original products, thats certainly the case of Fotospeed in the UK.

Ian

9. rberry65

rberry65 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Ok, I understand now Ian. It is L-76. Im still having no luck finding a developing chart though. L-76, k-76, L110, LMax and KMax are not on Freestyle's developing chart. I did however create a chart for Legacy-Pro film. One of the developers I am fimiliar with is the Kodak D-76. Sshould I just use the same developing times for D-76 with the L-76?

10. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  11. rberry65

rberry65 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Very helpful, Thanks.

12. Jan Pietrzak

Jan Pietrzak Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    rb,

Yes it is on the site be it is some times hard to find. Look at the main page it may show up on the scrolling part. If not go to photo know-how, find darkroom savvy, then look for the film chart. This is not good, some times the boys need to be tweaked a bit. So the next time I need to talk to them I will tell them that it needs to out front in some place. I hate having to look for stuff that needs to be easy to find.

I hope this works
    Jan Pietrzak

13. rberry65

rberry65 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Me too. Thanks Jan.

14. Thomas Bertilsson

Thomas Bertilsson Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, these are developers made according to Kodak recipes, for less money.

Interestingly, Freestyle sells film under the Legacy Pro brand, and that is Fuji. Will the confusion never end? My head hurts... :smile:

I am trying the Xtol variant that they market as Legacy Pro 'EcoPro', and it's exactly the same. No difference at all.

- Thomas

15. Jan Pietrzak

Jan Pietrzak Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    rb,

If you go to the advisory board page and scroll-down you get to find out why I get back to them with things that do not work. It has been fun working with them. I never know what will happen next or what new product they will find.

Jan Pietrzak