Leica classic with .58

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by slad, Jan 30, 2007.

1. slad

slad Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just curious. Has any one had a classic M6 modified with a .58 viewfinder? Is it possible?

2. erikhaugsby

erikhaugsby Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    You could do a MP finder "upgrade" to the M6, which is essentially replacing the entire M6 finder with the new MP finder of your choosing. I can't believe it would be much different than using a MP .58.

3. slad

slad Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Considering the cost of the parts and labor, you can probably find a used MP .58 for less or perhaps break even.

4. sepiareverb

sepiareverb Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Leica will do this according to something I've read- I have a M6 classic I'm hoping will become a .85 It looks like I no longer have the pdf(?) It was from my Leica dealer I believe- and said something about the service being an enticement to M photogs to use the camera more and hopefully buy more glass. It was perhaps an extension of sorts of the ala carte program. Don't know what the cost was.

I just (last week) got a .58 M7, and it has really made using the 35mm lens so much better. Much like the 50 on a .72, as I hoped. I've gotten used to seeing so much more than the neg area.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2007