Leica IIIf flash battery question

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by wtallman, May 5, 2009.

1. wtallman

wtallman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've gotten an old Leica IIIf kit including a flash attachment (Ceyoo), all in fine shape. But the battery is dead (no surprise, it's gotta be decades old by now). The battery is a 22.5 volt "hearing aid" battery about the shape and size of a modern 9 volt battery. While I would not expect that there are some old Leica equipment experts reading here, perhaps someone knows where I should go to find out what might be available today.

Thanks for reading.

wtallman

2. Chaska

Chaska Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I believe these guys will have what you need: www.biaf.com
    I got my battery for a rollei 35te from them, reasonable price, quicklyshipped

3. Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It might be easier to put in a smaller capacitor than it would to try to locate the battery. If not going that way, you could probably Rube Goldberg a set up with three PX28 in series. Not 22.5, but, perhaps, close enough for gummint work. Then, find the bulbs.

4. wtallman

wtallman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yep, there it is. Under "Special Apllications" at the bottom of the second page.

I've already ordered one from The Battery Store, but it's the same battery: Eveready 412 22.5 volts. When the IIIf gets back from a CLA, I'll find out how well it all works. It's kinda strange, ordering a battery for a kit with a camera that needs no batteries. But I'm just glad I could find what I wanted.

Thanks,

wtallman