Leica Lenses with non-leica bodies

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by dxphoto, Apr 10, 2009.

1. dxphoto

dxphoto Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi,

I tried this with Hexar and ran into the alignment issue. I wasn't sure if the problem was caused the camera itself or, it seems to be a known issue that the alignment systems don't compatible with each other.

I am wondering if this is also true to other systems -- like the Zeiss Ikon and Bessa systems. I used Original Leica LTM on the R and it seemed working fine. Not sure the M systems. I try to find some official confirmation from Zeiss or Bessa... but no luck...

Are there any guys here tried these combination? can you share the info.. thanks....

2. rpsawin

rpsawin Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have used Leica lenses on my Hexar RF and CV RF with no issues. I have also used Hexar, CV and ZL lenses on my Leicas with no problems. FWIW the CV lenses are both M mount and LTM with adapters.

Best regards,

Bob

3. Alex Bishop-Thorpe

Alex Bishop-Thorpe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's not something I ever heard mentioned as a problem during all my research before buying a Bessa R2A, nor has it been a problem since. Apparently the compatibility is pretty much perfect.

4. nicefor88

nicefor88 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Why are you guys making your life so complicated? :wink:
    Just get a good deal Leica body on ebay (prices are very low nowadays) and you won't run into any problems. Leica lens with Leica body and Basta!
    :D