Leica pffft.

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by BobbyR, Feb 2, 2009.

1. BobbyR

BobbyR Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    My usual fortune.

I finally took out my Leica R6.2 to a snowmobile show, shot one roll, and apparently the mirror has jammed.

I loaded the second roll, took my first shot, the motor-drive which was set on single exposure, sounded like it shot off three times, and it jammed.
    I loosened the drive to take it off, and it finished cycling, but when I tightened it back up it did it again, and this time it stayed that way.

When I bought the camera some months ago, I sent it to the Leica repairman in Wisc. and he fixed the mirror which had shifted in in transit, so it was fully checked out and adjusted before I used it.

I will have to send it back to have it looked at again, but does anyone have any idea why it has done what it did?

2. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well, I'd say "Minolta pffft" but it seems like that camera may have had some prior repair history. A mirror that shifts in transit is not a common thing.

3. nicefor88

nicefor88 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Well, I heard of an electronic problem in shutter release, the mirror then indeed gets stuck in upward position.
    The drive jamming might be linked to that too altough it seems to me to be a separate issue. Were the driver's batteries ok?

4. fmajor

fmajor Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a Minolta XD-11 (actually 2) and have never had a mirror freeze up. Ever. I take my cameras winter camping/mountaineering so they do experience cold temps, but don't experience that problem. The only problem i encounter is battery weakness and then i'm stuck, unless i have one of my Minolta SRT102/202 all-manual cameras with me.