Lens coverage?

Discussion in 'Ultra Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Jim Fitzgerald, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Jim Fitzgerald

Jim Fitzgerald Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I just got a Rodenstock APO Gerogon 300mm f9 today in the mail from you know where? I couldn't pass up the $34.00 price. It is virtually brand new. I wanted to know if it will cover my 8x20 stopped down? Does anyone have/use this lens? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Stay Focused ....or Soft Focused!!

Jim

2. David H. Bebbington

David H. Bebbington Inactive

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Various advertisers (not the maker) seem to be claiming an angle of coverage of 75 to 78° for this lens, so on that basis you might make it!

3. jp80874

jp80874 Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Geert is using one on his home built 7x17 in Belgium. You will have to ask him how much movement he has. His name here is argus using a lower case a.

Good luck.

John Powers

4. Jim Fitzgerald

Jim Fitzgerald Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Thanks, I forgot that Geert was using one. I'll pm him and ask. Also, I think that Andrew (aka Dagor 77) was using one.

Jim

5. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I have the similar design Konica GRII 310mm and it covers 8X20 with movements and is extremely sharp all the way to the edge of illumination. Hopefully your Gerogon will do likewise.

6. Jim Fitzgerald

Jim Fitzgerald Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Jim, thanks for the encouragement. Now I need to get off of my butt( and e-bay, stop buying old lenses thanks to your great portraits by the way!) and finish building the 8x20 so I can see!

Stay Focused....or Soft Focused!!

Jim