Lens repolishing recommendations please

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by John Austin, Aug 11, 2012.

1. John Austin

John Austin Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hello,

I have a 135mm Symmar that came to me years ago with a mass of tiny fine cleaning marks - I now have a nice newer old one, but would prefer to have the scratched on repolished rather than bin it - 135mm is my "standard" 5x4" landscape length

Who is a good lens re-polishing company?

Please PM me if you have any recommendations, as I can never find old posts of mine in the plethora of information on this site

John
    mail2@jbaphoto.com.au

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
  2. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    hey dude--I don't know myself but am also interested!!!! if you get any hits please post them!!!!

or hints to do it yourself...I got lenses that can use a polish but they ain't worth a ton of money see...also got some that may be worth the money to get them re-done....

I've heard people say to use toothpaste....haven't tried it...never tried to polish a lens...yet.

3. nsurit

nsurit Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. Trask

Trask Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I had Focal Point work on a Summarit of mine many years ago, and they did an outstanding job. The lens came back looking like new.

5. AgCl4ever

AgCl4ever Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Focal Point did my Summicron-DR. The front and rear elements needed polishing. They did an exceptional job. The lens now has amazing resolution with restored contrast typical of a 'cron. I would certainly send another lens in need of polishing and re-coating to them.