lensboard for calumet 4x5 woodfield availability

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by el wacho, Aug 17, 2009.

1. el wacho

el wacho Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    hello everyone,

i'm trying to source two lensboards, one for a fujinon 90mm f8 and another for a fujinon 210mm f5.6. these lensboards are a strange size, slightly smaller than your usual technika type boards ( these two lenses that i bought already came mounted on these type of boards ). they are 98mm x 98mm from memory and are wooden ( i have the original lensboard for reference ). i am currently in the middle of Turkey and no serious camera stores to be seen. i am tempted to be rid of this hassle and purchase a shen hao ptb 4x5 and sell the calumet! any suggestions would be appreciated!!
    thanks, gonzalo

2. archphoto

archphoto Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Try some thin plywood.........., but in the middle of Turkey, who knows ?
    Normaly thin plywood is sold in craft stores or where they sell model trains and so on.

Peter

3. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have some excellent wood (here in Turkey), I can cut 2 or possibly 3 bits and post to you, I'm using it to make a mount board for a Thornton Pickard shutter, there's plenty left over :D

The wood was left here by a guy from some red-neck state in the US who used to build guitars, so it looks nice :D

Ian

4. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Recently did a lens board for an MPP to take a Fujinon lens. The board is a similar size (nominally 100mm square). Looking at the data, the hole for the 210mm lens is the same (Copal #1 39x0.75mm) and the 90mm lens, the next size down (Seiko #0 32.5x0.5mm).

I should still have the files if you wanted to machine your own...

[​IMG]