Lenscaps for Rodagons??

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by Sparky, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Sparky

Sparky Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can't seem to ever recall seeing a lenscap on an enlarging lens... But it seems I've got a PILE of rodagons, and they're needing some organization! I was thinking that the appropriately sized caps attached to the wall with hot glue might be kind of a handy way to store them, ergonomically speaking... but it begs the question... can one find lenscaps for them? easily?

seems they're all threaded - so, in principle - it shouldn't be a problem..! anyone know about this??

2. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've got a lenscap an my Rodagon. (The version with the aperture stops to be switched off, but without means to predetermine the working stop.) I guess the cap is original.
    Ask Linos. (I was looking for that rubber belt and was told that they did not stock it any longer.)

3. Justin Low

Justin Low Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    IIRC the Rodagons have a 40.5mm filter thread. My APO Rodagon came with a rubber push fit cap marked Rodenstock.

4. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Most of my new enlarging lenses came with the caps on both ends or a cap on one end with a plastic base for the other .

The used lenses from e-bay have frequently come without the caps.

I got some replacement Schneider caps from B&H once and also got some Kaiser replacement caps from http://camerafilters.net/shopsite_sc/store/html/page33.html.

5. fschifano

fschifano Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sounds like a great idea until the glue fails and your Rodagon drops onto the nice hard floor. Ouch!