let's all keep jorge in our thoughts

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by Donald Miller, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    For those of you who have been around here for awhile and even the newer members too, I ask that you take a few minutes to keep Jorge in your thoughts and prayers. Drop him a line, send him a message, keep him close to your heart.

Thanks.

2. Markok765

Markok765 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Not to be rude, but i am not familiar with Jorge.

3. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format

Markok,

Jorge is a photographer that has helped a lot of us around here. He lives in Mexico and is doing battle with a nasty disease.

Examples of his work are found at...http://www.apug.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=11

4. Markok765

Markok765 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Oh, I will think of him.

5. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Whew.... when I saw the title of the thread, for a moment there I thought it was an announcement of his passing...

Let's all continue to send him best wishes for a speedy recovery.

6. jeffneedham

jeffneedham Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    yeah, the thread title should be changed to "let's all keep jorge in our thoughts".

7. JBrunner

JBrunner Moderator Staff Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Wishing you a speedy recovery, Jorge.

8. Jorge

Jorge Inactive

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thanks all, the fight is taking it's toll, I barely have energy but I am more than half way through the treatment, so 3 more weeks and I am done with this....woohoo..... :smile:

PS. Iam certainly glad rumors of my demise are premature... :D

9. DBP

DBP Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do you feel a little like the Monty Python Knight - "Not dead yet, only a scratch..."?

10. Buster6X6

Buster6X6 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Have a speedy recovery Jorge I hope you are feeling better soon.

Greg

11. Gay Larson

Gay Larson Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Best Wishes Jorge, get well soon.

12. Curt

Curt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jesus, when I read "Let's remember Jorge" my heart started to beat rapidly. Please choose your words more carefully.

Jorge, I'm retired through a disability as a Radiologic Technologist and Radiation Therapist and my heart goes out to you. I studied radiation therapy in a large teaching university and I saw more hope than ever expected to. After I received a degree in Photography and Graphic design and attended Art
    Center College of Design then went to Brooks Institute I gave it all up and went into the medical field. My original photogrpahy teacher said we would never be great photogrpahers until we understood the human condition. I thought gee I am a combat veteran what more do I need to know. It nagged me all through photo schools and when done I went to work in a big city hospital and after twenty years of patient care I had, I believe became a Humanist. The teacher was right, so I found out. Time after time I saw patients who through the most adverse conditions possible walk out of the hospital. It's hard to put in words, it's an experiential thing. You probably have that insight only gained through adversity that so many will never know. Try to keep positive thoughts and we will too.

Best regards,

Curt

13. roy

roy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hold firm to your beliefs, Jorge.

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. argus

argus Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ditto here. Please use appropriate subjects next time.

There's a lot of moments that I think about Jorge, my sister and aunt who are currently being treated for various sorts of cancer.

Treatment to full recovery is possible. I do have some family members who got chemotherapy and - years later - have fully recovered. Let's keep the hope.

G

16. smdeep

smdeep Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Best wishes, Jorge. I'm sure you'll be out taking pics soon!
    :smile:
    Sudeep

17. Fintan

Fintan Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey Jorge, stay strong, we need you.
    When I was 18 my mother did her first battle, she won that, and won a few more since then. I'm 39 now and she is out everyday taking photographs with her little Nikon and going strong.
    No, this isn't a Nikon recomendation thread :D its a stay strong thread Jorge. You can do it.
    Fintan

18. doughowk

doughowk Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jorge, get plenty of rest/sleep and eat well - the radiation therapy wears you down. Check out nutrition information at Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Patrick Quillin designed their dietery program. Good Health!

Btw, would love to see a book of your platinum prints, such as on the Colonial architecture of San Miguel de Allende.

19. ricksplace

ricksplace Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Stay strong. You can beat this thing.

Rick.

20. noseoil

noseoil Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jorge, glad to hear it was an exaggerated statement. Must be a bit of Mark Twain in all of us. Chin up buddy. tim

21. RobertP

RobertP Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    It wasn't until Jorge took the time and patience to talk me through his brush development technique that I could use the more finicky films like Efke pl100. My first attempts at shuffling were disastrous. Now I use the technique for all my processing and have never had a scratch. Jorge, thank you my friend. You have given many of us more than we can ever repay you. And my hope and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Robert

22. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jorge hurry back to us! I need a good argument with someone who has a brain.

I started counting up the members of my family that have passed as a result of this insidious disease. It surprised me to learn it was nearly half. Only thing that made it bearable in retrospect is that it took until they were in their late 80's to ninties before it finished their job. Like my father, he just didn't feel well one day. He was found to have cancer riddled through his whole body to the point the Dr's didn't know how he could breathe let alone be alive and walking. The cancer didn't get him, but the fluids from pnumonia (sp) did. He was 92. Wishing you the stubborness of a Dane. May you drink with the rest under the table into your nineties. Stay fiesty, onery, stubborn, and brave. You have friends as they say, that give a shit about you!

23. colrehogan

colrehogan Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    Get well soon Jorge!

24. Jorge

Jorge Inactive

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thank you all, I appreciate the support and enocuragement. The worst thing about this is the emotional toll it takes on all involved, not only me but my family and gf are tired of this...anyhow, I am hanging in there and hope to come out the other side in good shape... :smile:

25. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hang in there Jorge, you don't need to worry about posting if you don't feel like it, but do remember that you have not been forgotten. FWIW, there was a big hole in Toronto at the APUG conference without you.

26. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I am sorry for my choice of words in opening this thread. I am glad that Sean or whoever changed the title to a more appropriate choice.

Jorge has been, in my experience, a wonderful positive influence to all in the photographic community. I personally have benefitted from his knowledge and experience more times then I can count.

I initially observed that Jorge could be a bit abrasive at times...but then so am I...I think that in Jorge's case that his passion speaks not only in his photographs but also in his words.

Get well soon, my friend...we all benefit from your presence...