Lever for Bogen 3221 tripod

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by nsurit, Dec 23, 2012.

1. nsurit

nsurit Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have an old Bogen 3221tripod with the lever used to raise and lower extension mast that has gone missing. All I need is the lever. It is not the one with a screw that holds it in place but rather the one which is spring loaded. Please attached image.

Attached Files:

2. wiltw

wiltw Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've got one that I can spare. Make me an offer via private message for handle and postage.

3. papagene

papagene Membership Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A-yup, I have the same part missing from my 3021. It's lost somewhere in the woods around the Quabbin Reservoir. Oh well! :confused:

4. George Collier

George Collier Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I have that one too - lousy design. I carry that tripod in the trunk of my car and always check first to see if it has come off while driving around.

5. nsurit

nsurit Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Found it on the list. Thanks to all. BB

6. Peter Simpson

Peter Simpson Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    For others who have a tripod missing this lever: I found that a standard radio knob (designed to fit a 1/4" shaft) will fit if you drill out its brass insert to 9/32" and use a hacksaw to chop of about 1/2" of the shaft on the tripod (this ruins the shaft for using the original lever, but parts are no longer available, so I chose a working tripod over an original one missing parts.). The knob now works to tighten and loosen the clamp just fine. Go easy with is as it is now missing the 1/2 turn limiter.