LGM's bring me 2 Unusual Petzval's and they're Cheap!

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by jimgalli, Apr 9, 2010.

1. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    These are both projection petzvals. That's bad for me, good for you because I don't get to ask the coo coo prices that people are paying for the BIG NAME petzvals on the bay.

[​IMG]

First is an odd one to me. It's a 12" f8. Little bitty thing. A 12" f4 is struggling to go on a 6X6 lens board, but this little lens is diminutive.

[​IMG]

It just covered the 8X10 format at infinity with darkened corners, but there. I couldn't bet it to swirl at all. It does however have a gorgeous petzval look. Classic tack sharp point in the center with immediate fall off to lovely out of focus bokeh.

[​IMG]

The glass is exceptional. Sparkles like brand new. Never seen another quite like it.

[​IMG]

How about $165 for him.​

2. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    2nd of 2 in this ad!

2nd one is a 90mm f2.3!! More after dinner.

OK, so here is the little 90mm one.

[​IMG]

Here's a page with pictures made with a 96mm Petzval on 4X5.

This one would look almost identical. It's a little shorter and a little faster than that one was.

[​IMG]

Something fun to do, not your main bread and butter.

[​IMG]

It's in great shape. You would leave the longish lens hood piece off and probably also the main casing so that you could get the most coverage without any mechanical vignetting.

[​IMG]

F2.3 is awfully fast. I'd think you would want to use this on a speed Graphic with focal plane shutter that can get you to 1/1000th second. Let's say $95 for this one. You pay shipping.