Light Hanger

Discussion in 'Contact Printing' started by DeanC, Oct 25, 2004.

1. DeanC

DeanC Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey folks. I'm getting myself setup to do some 8x10 contact prints on Azo and I've got a question about the light source...

What are you all hanging the sockets your R40 bulbs are in from? Are you just setting the height once when you first set things up or do you have some type of retractable cord setup so you can vary it?

Thanks,
    Dean

2. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I made mine by bending a piece of 1/2 EMT and attaching a porcelain lamp socket to the end. It is at a fixed height from the printing frame.

3. mark

mark Member

I'm setting it up when I print. I just put a hook in the ceiling and drape the cord over it. I put a piece of tape to mark where the heighth of the lamp should be. Simple as a microwave dinner.

4. Jeanne

Jeanne Subscriber

Mine's in a utility light fixture clamped to a beam over my work table. To change the distance I simply add to or subtract from a stack of books under the printing frame. Simple, and nothing dangling down when I'm using the table for other things.

5. bmac

bmac Member

I use a utility light socket clamped onto the negative stage of my D2 enlarger with a spring clamp. Waaaayyyy low tech.

6. Max

Max Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I use the Jeanne technique.

7. DeanC

DeanC Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the responses folks. Low tech it shall be. :smile:

Dean