Light Seal Kit clearance...Minolta Autocord and others...

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Jon Goodman, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    This time of the year I must make adjustments and sadly the demand for some kits has declined to the point where they're hardly selling at all. This led to dropping Bronica kits last year along with some of the less popular rangefinders and a few SLRs (Mamiya 1000DTL, 500DTL and most other Mamiya SLR models, some Chinon models, etc). So with that out of the way, here are some specials (while they last). If you're in the USA I prefer mail-in payment (cash, check or money order). If you're in another country, I can provide an email address to which PayPal payment can be sent. You'll receive the kit along with printed instructions and the bamboo tool. If you contact me at jon_goodman@yahoo.com I will probably be able to reply faster. The list:

Minolta Autocord $5 per kit total. (9 kits to sell)

Canon T70 $5 per kit total. (4 kits to sell)

Minolta XK $6 per kit total. (3 kits to sell)

Canon AF35ML $5 per kit total. (1 kit to sell)

Kowa Super 66 Film Back $8 per kit total. (2 kits to sell)

Ricoh KR30SP $5 per kit total. (2 kits to sell)

Canon AV-1 $6 per kit total. (1 kit to sell)

Fujica AX3 $8 per kit total. (1 kit to sell)

Minolta AL-F $5 per kit total. (1 kit to sell)

Are other kits being discontinued also? Yes they will, but I'm not sure at this point which ones. Soon the Fuji 690 kits will go...selling very few of those now. Fujica ST605 kit is already gone, Lomo LC-A kit is questionable, Minolta CLE also in question, Ricoh 401TLS, XR-2, Sears/Ricoh models also in danger.

Once these are sold, they won't be kept on hand. This doesn't mean I can't still make a kit as templates, cutters, etc will not be destroyed. It means the kit will thereafter be treated as a special request (meaning more costly than normal).

Jon

2. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Note...the Kowa kits are spoken for. Thanks, Jon

3. ronaldj23

ronaldj23 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Jon, I'll take the Canon AF35ML and a Canon T70 kit. How would you like me to pay you? Ron J. (I've purchased a few kits from you in the past...sad that the film stuff is going down)

4. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi Ronald,
    Please send me your mailing address (email to jon_goodman@yahoo.com) and I'll give you mine in reply. If you can send me $10 in cash, check or money order, that will be fine. Yes, it is sad. I wish I could tell you the trend was reversing or slowing but from my vantage point it isn't.
    Jon

5. Roger Cole

Roger Cole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Will the Ricoh KR30SP kit fit my XR-7?

I ordered a kit from someone, forget the name but a basic kit, but was frankly mystified by the directions. I'd like to get the XR-7 going again. The seals are the only thing wrong with it and that little camera is actually quite a joy to use.

6. ronaldj23

ronaldj23 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jon, just sent my address...RJ

7. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi Roger, the XR2 kit probably will come closer to fitting your XR-7, but I am not positive. This camera was the same as the Sears KS2, and honestly I don't have much data on it. The kit for the XR2 is still being made. It is still $10 delivered in the USA. Do you recall who you bought the kit from? I hope it wasn't the fellow on eBay who is selling a "kit" which contains a battery and a single strip of the wrong sort of foam. Jon

8. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks Ron,
    I'll mail today.
    Best regards,
    Jon

9. Roger Cole

Roger Cole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't recall. I can try to dig up the kit. I don't really think there's anything wrong with the kit, I just think I'm mechanically challenged and didn't quite grok installing it! ;-)

I'd be willing to gamble ten bucks. I'll be in touch next week, pretty busy this weekend. Thanks!

10. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just let me know, Roger. One way or another, we'll get your Ricoh back on..."the dark side."
    Jon

11. Roger Cole

Roger Cole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Jon. I have an LX and MX I like a lot, and a K1000 that was a gift, so I'm not lacking for K mount bodies but I'd swap out the K1000 from the three-body camera bag for the XR-7 if I get it working again. Underrated cameras - yes, plasaticy and consumer grade construction, but nice features and fun to use.

12. hsteeves

hsteeves Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hello Jon,
    I will take all 3 of your XK kits if you still have them.
    Harvey

13. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The XK kits are still here. Do try to get me your mailing address soonest. I'll leave for the post office at around 2:30 today.
    Jon

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. nbagno

nbagno Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Jon are there kits for Bronica Sq backs?

Pardon any typos, I can't spell and I'm using my phone.

16. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks...the demand for Bronica kits dried up around 2 years ago and worsened in 2013 to the point where I almost sold none of them. Literally I could count the number of kits I sold for all Bronica models using the fingers of one hand. The problem with the SQ-A kit is that it is a time-consuming kit to make (several small parts which must be cut to exacting size), and lacking demand I've moved away from Bronica kits. If enough demand can be established, I'd be happy to cut a dozen or so of them (the only 2 templates I have are the SQ-A and the ETR), however I don't have any kits on hand at this point.

This is a hint to all the Bronica users out there. Please send me an email message (jon_goodman@yahoo.com) and let me know. When I last sold the kit it was $11 plus the cost of postage ($1-USA or $1.10-international). Postage is going up in about 4 or 5 days, but I am unsure of how much the international rates will be). Just let me know. I wouldn't have stopped selling these, but from what I could tell at the time, the people using Bronica gear was a very small sliver of the medium format market...sort of like Studebakers. They were interesting cars, but only a few people still drive them.
    Jon

17. Couesbro

Couesbro Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I'll take two of the Autocord kits. e-mail sent. Wayne

18. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks...please note...all the Autocord kits are sold at this point. Wayne got the last ones.
    Jon

19. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Update on this...
    1 Kowa Super 66 back kit remains
    Most of the Canon T-70 kits remain
    Ricoh KR30SP kits remain
    Canon AV-1 kit remains
    1 Fujica AX-3 kit remains

Also for the people who replied about the Bronica kits, I've cut 5 for the SQ-A filmback and 5 for the ETR filmback. If you are interested, please email me at: jon_goodman@yahoo.com
    These are not clearance kits. You may recall I asked Bronica users to speak now if interested. A couple did and this is in reply both to those people plus other Bronica users...before the templates, etc get mothballed.
    Jon

20. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    For some reason I thought you didn't have ETR back kits- a few years ago I bought an SQ back kit and modified it.
    I'm happy to hear that you'll still make them on special order. When I'm ready to reseal some more I'll buy several at once.

21. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I didn't have them at that time. At the very end of 2011 I found an ETR back in a box lot I bought at a junk sale held by a camera dealer locally and made templates from it. However after I made the templates I learned there are different versions of the ETR back. Everyone who has used the kit has told me it worked for them, however.

Yes, please let me know if you want kits for Bronica gear.
    Jon

22. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There are some differences between older and newer backs, but I don't think it matters much as to seals. I think it would be just on the length of a couple of them, if anything. I should check mine- there were three generations, as I recall- single lock, double lock, and later double lock. I think KEH calls them Early, Late, and Ei. There were also a couple of 35mm backs which are similar to regular ones, but have some extra strips of foam.

Some years back I sent you a variety of old ETR backs and inserts to check out. Did you not receive them? At any rate, when I have a chance I'll do some measuring and see if there is any difference and let you know.

23. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    BTW John, have you gotten up the nerve to go for a ride on Rio the horse again? I mean, after the episode with the two girls and getting rescued by the KMart guy and all... :wink:

24. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Rio and I are sort of...well I've been asked not to ride Rio again for a while. The other day we had a cold snap here. I mean a really cold snap for North Texas. All part of the Polar Vortex. The temperature was in the low 20s. I had been out to a specialty store where I buy tea and chocolates...the dark chocolate mixed with chili peppers and dried cherries, that is. There was this very pretty Peruvian lady in the store who spoke Spanish slowly with a breathy accent. Her eyes were sort of a mix between purple and gray. I asked her if she liked riding horseback and she replied "si, con mucho gusto, senor." Which is about the same as saying "you bet I do, big boy." She was younger than me, but I should have expected her answer. After all, I had used some extra Vitalis on my hair that morning and it always has a certain effect, you know. Anyhow we both got on Rio and started riding. Unbeknownst to me, my Peruvian lady wasn't used to the cold wind and to minimize the effect, apparently she had removed her jacket and put it on backwards. A few minutes into our ride, something spooked old Rio and we were both thrown off. Fortunately neither of us caught our feet in the saddle, but we did land pretty hard. I was really concerned for my friend since she seemed to be unconscious and seriously injured. I could tell she was still breathing, though so I used my medical training to help her. The assistant manager at the K-Mart had seen the whole thing and had called 911. The paramedics arrived, pronounced her dead and asked what had happened. I explained I wasn't sure. I had simply turned her head back around facing the proper direction and that's when things took a turn for the worse...

Jon

25. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A most unfortunate event-- but is Rio OK?

26. Jon Goodman

Jon Goodman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Rio's fine but thanks for asking. You know, Rio's a lot like Paul Newman or Julie Andrews or Don Knotts or even a bag of Fritos. Stabilizing forces...just like triangles to architecture or jock straps. Time passes and they all stay about the same.
    Jon