Light trap foil for Hasselblad film back

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by romunas, May 8, 2013.

1. romunas

romunas Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi all

I have a problem with my Hassy film back and I need to replace Light trap foam pad and Light trap foil on it. I have found an instruction how to do so: http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/ht/htseal.aspx
    Does anybody knows where I can purchase Light trap foil? I understand that I can cut it by myself, but I would prefer to buy one to be sure of its quality.

2. maarten m

maarten m Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  3. romunas

romunas Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Great! Thanks a lot for answering! :smile:

4. jeffreyg

jeffreyg Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It is easy to do and shouldn't take more than a few minutes. I have replaced those in my film backs with the materials purchased from Hasselblad. They may charge more than some you can find on the internet but you know that you are getting good materials that fit properly.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

5. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There are, or perhaps were ebay sellers selling alternate source kits, but I found that the price difference was minimal compared to the Hasselblad kit. So, like Jeffrey, I just contacted Hasselblad. Can't speak for Europe, but for Hasselblad USA, ordering the kit (by phone) took maybe a minute, and I had it in my hands a couple of days later. There are some discussions in here of DIY materials too, if you'd prefer that route.

6. cjbecker

cjbecker Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I actually just used a piece of 120 film for the foil part. No light leaks or problems for 2 years.

7. dnk512

dnk512 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Same experience as bdial, only the ebay prices were much higher when I looked (couple years back). Get an extra kit, for you will save in shipping and you never know when you will need it.

8. romunas

romunas Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thank you everybody for answering. I've got an idea and try to contact Hasselblad company.