Linda Connor in Los Angeles and elsewhere

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by Jan Pietrzak, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Jan Pietrzak

Jan Pietrzak Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    'A Clear Vision', an exhibition opening January 28th and lecture/workshop January 29th at Freestyle Photographic in Hollywood. 8x10 contact prints done in POP and Platinum. See Freestyles web site for details. I am looking forward to seeing some of the SoCal APUGers on friday night.

Jan Pietrzak

2. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    For those that attend Linda's exhibition opening, you will be treated to exceptional work. The other benefit will be meeting our unsupressable Jan Pietrzak. I had dinner with Jan last Thursday, and it was an experience. The combination of Jan and Linda would be one not to pass up.

3. Jan Pietrzak

Jan Pietrzak Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Aggie,

You got back to the Bay area so, at least no one had food poising that night.
    Not bad for a guy with a hot plate. I don't want to take a way from Linda Connor's show, but I am still looking forward to seeing a lot of people at the show. And the lecture/workshop on saturday. Come on by.

Jan Pietrzak

4. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2005
  5. Joe Lipka

Joe Lipka Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Saw Linda in Chapel Hill, NC a couple of years ago. Good speaker, good photographs. I wound up going to both lectures. If you can get there, do it.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just wanted to add an addendum to this thread about Linda Connor that I picked up her book Luminance from the used bookstore today with the rest of my gift certificate and it contains some beautiful images (and beautifully printed).

7. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    There's a nice selection of maybe 15-20 Linda Connor 8x10" POP prints on display right now at SFO, San Francisco International Airport, Terminal 3, around gate 76. Inside the secure area, so ticketed passengers only.

8. Robert Hall

Robert Hall Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Just went to see her work at the Phoenix Art Museum. It was beautiful. She is calling the collection "Odyssey". Numerous prints from southeast, China, India all on POP in 8x10 and gold toned. Beautiful prints and a great space to hang. I belive it is there through march.

She has a new book out to show the prints as well but while the book is well done it doesn't hold a candle to the prints.