Lindahl Dark Slide Holders for Hasselblad

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by epraus, May 27, 2008.

1. epraus

epraus Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I bought three of these and am perplexed. Perhaps I am an idiot BUT when I slide the dark slide into the Lindahl they all fall apart leaving one part on the camera and two on the ground!!?? I am ready to rip them off and relegate them to the recycle bin. I saw nothing in the instructions about the use of glue.:confused:

2. Andrew Moxom

Andrew Moxom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    epraus, they use double sided (extremely sticky tape) First clean the contact area on the rear of the back with alcohol. Then remove the protective cover on the three tape pieces , and place the holder onto the film back. Be sure to get it right because if you lift it back up, you can ruin the tape. It has to be right the first time. I did two without a problem.

3. epraus

epraus Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thanks for the reply but the holder attaches with it's stick surface to my back. The Lindahl holder falls apart into two pieces leaving one piece on the back and the other on the floor.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2008
  4. fschifano

fschifano Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    So what you're telling us is that the holder is a piece of junk and that we shouldn't waste money on one?

5. epraus

epraus Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Based on my experience with three of them, mine were crap.

6. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    sounds like you had a bad batch that slipped through QC. I had four of them, bought at two different periods of time, and all were just fine. I'd just get out a little crazy-glue and put them together.