Linhof Technikardan - Bob Salomon are you out there?

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Dan Dozer, May 24, 2009.

1. Dan Dozer

Dan Dozer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Today I was shooting and accidently backed into my tripod tipping it over (with camera on top) and broke the gridded glass back on my Technikardan. Before you all say "Way to go dude", I was obviously distracted by the nude model I was shooting, so I feel that it wasn't really my fault.

Anyway the glass back broke leaving the plastic fresnel lens undamaged. I was assuming I couldn't use the camera, but the image focuses fine on the fresnel lens. I know that I can get some sort of generic replacement for it, but what would everyone think? A Linhoff with generic parts!

Anyway - does anyone know where I can get a replacement Gridded Glass back for it?

Bob (if you see this thread) - I also broke one of the green plastic ends off of one of levers on the back. The lever is fine, but the green plastic is gone. Can these be replaced?

2. archphoto

archphoto Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
  3. Fred De Van

Fred De Van Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  4. jp80874

jp80874 Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    You might look into a Boss Screen if you would like a little more light back there. It was quite an improvement on mine.

John Powers

5. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    As I'm sure Bob will tell you, just call Marflex for Linhof replacement parts--212-652-4401

6. Keith Pitman

Keith Pitman Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    And as far as dissing (if spelled correctly) generic parts, a friend put an inexpensive Chinese replacement bellows on his Master Technica last year and is very happy with it.