Long 35mm roll shooting.

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by tiberiustibz, Mar 10, 2010.

1. tiberiustibz

tiberiustibz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  2. dances_w_clouds

dances_w_clouds Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    They are also available for Canon F1 bodies as well. They contain 250 pictures length of film. Where to find them ?? How much are they worth ??
    Sorry I didn't really answer your question did I . But probably very rare or very expensive or both.

3. Denis R

Denis R Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    ye$

they do exi$t, are expen$ive, and can be found on e-pay

the problem is finding someone to proce$$ the film

4. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Olympus OM system 250 exposure back. Fits on OM-1, 2, 3, and 4. Requires several costly accessories to function, and may be used as rapid fire or with an intervalometer to do time lapse. Break out the credit card, to buy it, and to use it.

Rick

5. Terrence Brennan

Terrence Brennan Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Nikon F-250 back

I've got one of those; it's been in mothballs for 12 years. I also have six or eight of the special cassettes, and the bulk loader.

I keep it with the hopes that I might actually find the time to get a project on wheels which will require its use; I'll probably end up cannibalizing it for parts for my two F-36 drives.

6. Ihmemies

Ihmemies Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    You can also find 750 exposure backs to F2 at least.

7. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I used to be on the lookout for the 100-exp. back for my Canon New F-1 and never found a kit that included all the parts--the back, the cassettes, and the loader--in one affordable package. Labs with roller processors can usually handle the film and charge by the foot.

Another option is to use a movie tank like the Lomo, or make your own cine processing drum, and there was a Nikor tank for long rolls.

8. gordrob

gordrob Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have the Canon FN100 back and have it mounted on a NEW F1 with with a speed finder. It allows for 100 exposures in one cassette. It is loaded with the Canon bulk film loader which is quite simple to use. I process the film on a Nikor 18-G reel that allows for up to 28' of film on the reel using three 7" diameter stainless steel tanks. If you have trouble with loading stainless steel reels in the dark you should try doing it with a 7" reel. Nikor made a machine to load the reels but it is hard to find one with none of the parts missing.

Gord

9. mopar_guy

mopar_guy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have the Olympus 250 Film Back 1. Other accessories are needed to get the system to work properly. You need to have at least two of the film magazines. One is loaded with film and the other is used to receive the exposed film. I use a Motor Drive 2 with the Control Grip 2. I had heard at one time that these backs for any of the major 35mm makers were all made by the same company and that the film magazines may work even if labeled for another brand.

10. frobozz

frobozz Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    It just requires patience. I put it all together by buying whatever parts I could find, when I found them. In fact, the very last piece I got was the back itself! Took 6-8 months from start to finish.

Duncan