Looking for 1 (one) bag of Technidol

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Marco Gilardetti, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Marco Gilardetti

Marco Gilardetti Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Dear fellows, I have shot one 120 roll of Technical Pan and thought I could find some Technidol leftovers on the-well-known-auction-site, but it doesn't look like so, or not at prices with at least some sense left in them.

Does anyone have one single spare bag of technidol for sale perhaps? That was my very last roll and unfortunately my Technidol stock was not "in synch" with it. Seen the ridiculous prices I've read on the-above-mentioned-auction-site, I will give up forever on Technical Pan; I'd just like to develop this already exposed roll.

Thanks for reading.

2. NikoSperi

NikoSperi Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ciao Marco,
    I believe you're the same Marco I used to converse with on an Italian forum some time back. I have some Technidol in the small vials to make 500ml which should do fine for your roll of 120. Could get it out to you if you like. Alternatively, you can still find and use Tetenal's Neofin Doku for TechPan. It's IMO just a bit slower than the Technidol, but gives the same nice continuous tones.

3. Marco Gilardetti

Marco Gilardetti Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Now, that was a quick answer!!! Thanks Niko, PM sent...

4. Neal

Neal Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dear Marco,

If you have a similar situation in the future, C-41 developer works very well with Tech Pan (10 minutes, normal agitation).

Neall Wydra

5. Michel Hardy-Vallée

Michel Hardy-Vallée Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Marco,

If you need, I have two bags of old Technidol still sealed in powder form. They are dated, but as dry chemicals go, they shouldn't have aged. I'd be happy to give them for free + the price of shipping from Canada. I planned on trying TechPan but the last rolls at my photo store have been sold.

6. Woolliscroft

Woolliscroft Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Technidol liquid is still available.

David.