Looking for a Graflex lens board in the UK

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by wiseowl, Oct 16, 2010.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hi,

does anyone know of anywhere I can get one of these in the UK, it's to fit a 5x4 pacemaker, copal 0 hole or undrilled?

Thanks,

Martin

2. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Just had a quick google for dimensions for a drawing of the Pacemaker lens board, without any joy... I have some 4" square (nominal) boards I made for my MPP out of 1/4" aluminium plate - If this would fit your camera, I can knock another one or two out on my mill.

3. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It needs a pressed lens board ideally to form the light seal, although I have a cast board as well which works perfectly. I could give Paul some dimensions from my cast board in a day or two so that he could make you a board from his 1/4" Aluminum.

Ian

4. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Unless Martin has an original lens board that we could generate drawings from...

5. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have originals here in Turkey, they are quite thin & need a lip and four raised bit pressed, too hard to describe quickly. copying the cast board just needs a channel milled out of 1/4" aluminium.

See what Martin says, I have spare boards in the UK so could post one to you next Friday, I was going to contact you anyway re the Quarter Plate Camera next week.

Ian

6. wiseowl

wiseowl Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Paul, Ian,

thanks for the input. I don't have any kind of board at the moment, I just picked the camera up off e-bay sans lens and board. So all I need is a board.

Paul, how much would you charge to make a board?

Martin

7. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm not back in the UK until the end of next week or I'd lend you a board while you get sorted. I keep spare boards for lens testing etc, plus I swaplenses from my Wista.Linhof style bnoards when needed. They are quite cheap in 3's brand new from an Ebay store Heavystar but then £1 was close to $2 when I bought mine :D

If I can help then I'll pass Paul info or if you can wait I can send actual boards, my cast board lives here in Turkey with a Crown Graphic but I can bring it back if it's easier to copy than the pressed boards.

Ian

8. Fotoguy20d

Fotoguy20d Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    There's a seller on ebay - I think heavystar is the name. They sell 3 for $38 and a nominal amount for shipping. You might want to see if they will ship to the UK.

Edit - I see Ian already suggested them.

9. wiseowl

wiseowl Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Yeah, I'll be placing an order with them tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice and offers of help.

Martin

10. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The new price for 3 is less than many sell one for second hand and they are well made exactly as the originals.

Ian

11. Jim Jones

Jim Jones Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A board cut to the outside diminsions of an original board from 1/32" aluminum with a slightly smaller foam light seal attached to the back side seems to work well.