Looking for a kiev user

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Hidde, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Hidde

Hidde Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    hi people,

im looking for somebody who uses a Kiev medium format camera, i want to know if u can fire and cock the shutter without a lens attached? or is there sum pin or finger that is pressed or pushed by the lens when its connected to the body?
    I want to know this because i want to see if i can use the kiev as a base for a tilt and shift adapter im designing. It will sport a LF lens, so i need a curtain shutter on camera.

greetings
    Hidde

2. JasonC

JasonC Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, you could cock and fire the shutter without a lens or a back. As far as I know, there is no interlock.

Jason.

3. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you're using a LF lens why do you need to use the Kiev shutter?

4. Hidde

Hidde Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    cause i need the reflex mirror action, so i can focus and make my shot, wait for the moment live...i hate to lose my view when i put the casette in front of the groundglass when shooting LF....

5. Tom Hoskinson

Tom Hoskinson Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I sometimes use a LF lens in Copal shutter on my Kiev 88CM. I just mount the lens on my Pentacon Bellows, then I can use either one of the shutters.

However, for perspective control stuff with my Kiev, I use my either my 45mm PC Hartblei or my 55mm PC Arsat.

6. mark

mark Member

I do it all the time. No problems yet, on my Hartblei master 88

7. Hidde

Hidde Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    what i want is a combination of bellows and some shift capabilities, so i can have a mild macro effect combined with a rotated depth of field...i dont know if i can realize that with mounting a hartlbei on said pentacon bellows..any of u guys have any experience in this matter
    grtz
    hidde
    thanks for the feedback so far, this is helping me out in a big way

8. Tom Hoskinson

Tom Hoskinson Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You can mount any of the Hartblei or Arsat PC lenses on a Pentacon bellows. I believe that the HartBlei 45mm PC Super Rotator lens probably has the most perspective correction capability, and it is a very good lens.

9. ZorkiKat

ZorkiKat Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ...what you SHOULDN'T do is change speeds WITHOUT cocking the shutter.