Looking for a photographer..

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by rootberry, Jan 18, 2007.

1. rootberry

rootberry Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Hey, I'm sorta new here, so I'll start by saying howdy!

So, I am looking for a photographer here in Georgia- but I cannot for the life of me remember his name. For some reason I keep thinking that it is John Mccullum, or something like that. He has a widely published book of LF work I believe from the early 80's with pictures from all over the southeastern US. I could have sworn that I saw him on faculty at Georgia State University in the photography department.. I've checked everywhere and I just cannot find his name! Any help?

2. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Perhaps Clyve Butcher? He does a lot of outdoor LF B&W work.

3. rootberry

rootberry Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    It's not Clyde Butcher, although his work is amazing.. This guys name is John something and he is from Georgia.. Last time I checked he is from atlanta and lives there still. I could have sworn that he was on faculty at Georgia State University.. Apparently he is a very good teacher, which is why I want to get in touch with him. The college I go to (UGA) wont even let me into the photo lab, and I'm getting fed up with them..

4. rootberry

rootberry Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Ok, after getting lucky on the library shelves, I found his name: John McWilliams. No info about him on the forums, so I figured I'd tell you guys to pick up "Land Of Deepest Shade" by him, it is quite good..