Looking for a Proficient Darkroom Printer

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by William Crow, Dec 29, 2012.

1. William Crow

William Crow Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'm new to APUG and am liking it so far. This seems to be a popular B&W "room" so I'll post my request here. Please, redirect me if there is another room for this request.
    I shoot 35mm medium format B&W but do not have access to facilities for development or printing. I would like to find an individual that does this type of work on a professional "fine arts" level of proficiency. I realize there are professional labs in various places around the country but my preference is an individual. I'm based in the Southeast - Alabama. The closer the better but professionalism and proficiency is the name of the game. I welcome referrals.

At this point I am considering someone in Nashville but would like to have more to consider.

Billion003@aol.com

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was going to offer as I'm not far from Birmingham, then I saw you're in Alabama. Might help if your profile reflected that your in the US :D

Ian

3. lightwisps

lightwisps Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    William, my name is Don DeGroat, and I might have the background that would interest you. When I was younger, I owned a commercial B/W lab in the L.A. area. We only took photographers that we thought we could help enhance their work through painstaking casre in the darkroom.

I prefer to work with Ilford Fiber paper, but am very adadaptable. We can also dry mount but have found that shipping prints rolled in a tube is both cheaper and probects the prints from mishandling in transit.

Please feel free to contact me at lightwisps@yahoo.com

I wish you luck and happy shooting.

Don

4. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Alas Ian we can't all be from the better Birmingham or better still the Black Country and No folks, that's nowhere near the Black Hills.:D

pentaxuser