Looking for Ansel Adams' "Surf Sequence"

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by arigram, Dec 12, 2004.

1. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Apart for being one of my favourite photos (or group of photos), I thought it would be great to have it as a poster on the wall next to my bed to inspire me before I go to sleep. Unfortunately though, the official Ansel Adams site doesn't include this image anywhere on the selling list and I haven't had any luck with google either. My only option would be to digitally copy and enlarge the image on the "Examples" book but even being so well printed, it would still not look very nice one or two meters wide.
    Do you have any suggestions?

2. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    You might consider copyright laws

3. Bill Mitchell

Bill Mitchell Member

I don't see any problem with copyright laws. If you own a copy of "Examples" you're entitled to do anything you want with it, as long is it's only for your own use. FYI, I believe that I've seen the surf sequence on a poster somewhere.

4. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yes Donald, I considered the copyright laws, but I was going to use it for my own enjoyment and not for profit. And in any case, if they want to make money maybe they should make a poster and I would be happy to buy it. I have always been an advocate of not making a profit from a dead artist's work, but that's another subject.

5. VoidoidRamone

VoidoidRamone Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format