Looking for bag for two cameras.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by Justinshawsteele, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Justinshawsteele

Justinshawsteele Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    So I need help figuring out what bag to get for my cameras. I need something that will hold my Graphlex Century, graflock 120 back, leicaflex sl, 35mm and 90 mm lenses, film, filters, and meter, and tripod. Can anyone recommend a shoulder or messenger bag that would work? I walk a lot and would shoot all day so comfort is an issue.

2. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. Newt_on_Swings

Newt_on_Swings Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
  5. Rom

Rom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Personnaly i have a hadley pro with which i am quite happy.

But, i discover some times ago the Ona Bags. Looks very cool and well made. You have backpacks, shoulder bags, small bags (personnaly i like the Bowery Black but will be too small for your use).

www.onabags.com

6. Ricardo Miranda

Ricardo Miranda Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  7. Regular Rod

Regular Rod Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    A rucksack is more comfortable than a shoulder bag BUT there is an alternative to both and I have to say I find mine very comfortable indeed. The load is better distributed and it is easy to sling from one side to the other yet still always have top access and you can work without putting the bag down. I find this very useful as sometimes I am standing in a river when making a photograph. It's a Think Tank Sling-O-Matic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMfS8M7AHXY&feature=player_embedded#t=6

RR

8. Justinshawsteele

Justinshawsteele Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks guys. Those are all super nice bags. This will definetly get me started.

9. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't see how you could fit all that in a messenger style bag. Nor in a shoulder bag if you want to work out of it.

I have a 2x3 Century Graphic in largish bag (with shoulder and waist strap). Along with the camera, I have roll film bag, meter, film holders, odds and ends, and can fit an extra lens on board if compact. I just don't see how you could also fit a SLR with 2 lens unless perhaps in one of the really huge shoulder bags. Certainly not in a messenger style bag.

Century Graphic bag 1.jpg Century Graphic bag 2.jpg

So I would go the backpack route. If you don't want a backpack, then I would consider 2 separate bags each appropriate to it's own "system" (CG or SLR). Just my 2 cents.