looking for develop time for Ultrafine Xtreme 100 in XTOL

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by destroya, Jan 24, 2013.

1. destroya

destroya Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I could find nothing on this site and nothing on massive for this combo. I have a 1L pack of D76 I could mix up but would like to use up my XTOL first. Any help would be great. I emailed utrafine and their reply was that they will not give out any info regarding the film. Do my own searching for the proper times. OK. I Guess they want to keep the real manufacturer a secret. poor customer service if you ask me but hey what can i do.

thanks

john

2. tkamiya

tkamiya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If a retailer said something like that to me, I'll be sending the product back. Development time for film is a basic information that supposed to come with every film. Not providing is not only a poor customer service, it's well beneath that....

3. Paul Howell

Paul Howell Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My best guess is the Ultra fine is Forma, use the time for Forma's verson of Xtol, should work.

4. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think that PDH means "FOMA".

I assume you have seen the chart of development times on Ultrafine's website: http://site.ultrafineonline.com/dev.chart.pdf

The suggested times there for the Ultrafine Extreme emulsions are fairly close to a number of other films (eg Tri-X 400). If you have X-Tol times for them, those times are probably a good starting point.

5. destroya

destroya Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ill just mix up the D76. easier than guessing. thanks for the replies