Looking for Mailorder Places that Accept Paypal

Discussion in 'UK All Regions' started by perkeleellinen, Aug 6, 2010.

1. perkeleellinen

perkeleellinen Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    My paypal account isn't linked to my bank account so I cannot convert paypal credits into cash. I tend to just buy stuff on ebay when I've got credits but I don't like to buy film on ebay as it's generally more expensive and has an unknown storage history. This is to ask if anyone knows of a good UK mail order place that accepts paypal and sells a good selection of film.

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Steve, RK Photographics sells on Ebay, Roy's prices are usually competitive and he's repuatbale, also Fomafoto (APUG advertiser) is an excellent online store and accepts Paypal. Postage from Norway to the UK is fast and not very expensive, very easy to deal with. I can recommend both.

Ian

3. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is the USA, I have a PayPal Credit Card that I can use just like a credit card although it is really a debt. card. Any mail order, Amozon, local stores, etc. I can spend up to what I have in the account. ! cent more and the card charge gets rejected. Is the UK PayPal different?

4. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think it started life as a UK company actually, a senior British MP was a Director. it moved abroad a year or so ago.

Ian

5. perkeleellinen

perkeleellinen Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'd never heard of a paypal credit card until now. Presumably it just draws on your paypal balance until it's empty and then it draws on whatever you've set up to fund paypal. Is that correct?

6. BradS

BradS Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    All mail order places that accept major credit cards (Visa & Master Card) also accept the Paypal debit card (they don't know the difference).

7. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It really is a debt card but PayPal tells you to only use it like a credit card. Once in a while, when I insert it into a scanner, a debt card screen pops up, I just hit cancel, and then the process carries on just like a credit card. Except, if not enough money in the account, it won't work, transaction gets rejected.