Looking for MF Camera: Mamiya, Bronica, or a Rollei...

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Rafal Lukawiecki, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Rafal Lukawiecki

Rafal Lukawiecki Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi All,

If anyone is thinking of selling their MF at some stage please let me know. Or if you are tracking some great deal elsewhere etc. :smile: I'd prefer 6x6 but 7, 4.5 or 9 are fine too.

I love and use my 4"x5" a lot - for landscapes. Since I've just started dabbling with more portraits I would prefer something more hand-held, besides this would be going back to where I started some 30 years ago.

It should be in perfect working order but may be cosmetically not so. Would love to try before I paid and would be looking for a price that is kind to a somewhat wounded pocket.

R.

2. dwdmguy

dwdmguy Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi, Im selling my Rollei 3.5E Zeiss Planar in stunning condition.
    It's in the classifieds.
    Good luck
    T

3. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Go for 6x6, the others are too close to 4x5. And of course, cost being no problem, the answer is Hasselblad. :smile:

Steve

4. Lismoreian

Lismoreian Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a Mamiya 645 for sale with three lenses. PM if you are interested. Lismoreian.

5. Rafal Lukawiecki

Rafal Lukawiecki Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for advice. I've always liked 6x6 square and I have almost decided against 645, while 6x7 would be lovely though I am not sure about the weight of a Mamiya - still it weighs just a little less than a D200 with an 80-200 lens. Or a loaded Ebony. :smile:

After a few hours of trawling the sadly favourite auction site I narrowed down my choices to a Bronica SQ Ai or a Mamiya RZ67 Pro II or RB67 Pro S. Ideally in a superb state without too much heavy-duty use and with some lenses, 80, 120, 150ish, and perhaps a 40-50. With a budget of €600 or so.

If anyone would like to steer me away/towards either Mamiyas or the Bronica I would very much welcome your comments, no matter how subjective. :smile:

Thanks,
    Rafal