LPL7452 globe source in Melbourne?

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by bluedog, May 2, 2009.

1. bluedog

bluedog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is there anything special about the 24V 250W halogen globe in my LPL7452? It just looks like a standard halogen downlight but higher wattage. Where would I obtain a couple of spares in Melbourne?
    Thanks
    Greg

2. Mick Fagan

Mick Fagan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My first stop would be Vanbar.

The enlarger globes are different, I don't remember how, but they are.

I use the ELC 24V 250W, which I purchased from Vanbar in March 2007. I bought a bag full, so far I've gone through three, I have a hand full left, they are not for sale, they were cheap at the time. :D

Mick.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009
  3. bluedog

bluedog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Mick. I couldn't find them on Vanbars catalogue, but will ask.
    Greg

4. Mick Fagan

Mick Fagan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Greg, I would suggest the Carlton store is possibly a better choice, although a telephone call is quicker but sometimes they don't know that they actually have.

Very, very slow moving items on their stock list, sometimes don't show on the first search, a bit of digging and the staff can normally find the item.

It appears that as the list gets upgraded from time to time, one or two things get dropped off and forgotten about, or revised, but I wouldn't hold my breath aver this.

Mick.

5. Matthew Ross

Matthew Ross Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Greg, if you are still looking I got my last ELC 24V 250W enlarger globes from Lamp Replacements in Bayswater (97627300). Not sure if they still stock them but last time I was there (May 07) They stocked both the GE (ANSIELC GE) & OSRAM (ANSIELC**).

Matt

6. bluedog

bluedog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Matt. I did get some from Vanbars, but it is good to have another source.
    Greg

7. gamincurieux

gamincurieux Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    And if any of them don't have it I would strongly suggest trying GMT Lighting (http://www.gmtlighting.com.au) in Hawthorn, they've got everything, all the obscure stuff.

8. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The standard halogen bulb has a filament that is orientated radial to the long axis.
    For many projection applications however bulbs are used where the filament is orientated axial.

9. Bob-D659

Bob-D659 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    One thing to watch out for on the ELC bulbs is the nominal life. There are 50 hour and 500 hr bulbs. If you buy a long life bulb ELC/5, the light output is closer to the 80 watt ELB 15 hr bulb. This pdf from Ushio lists a number of bulbs and their light output and operating life.

http://www.ushio.com/files/catalog/pav-halogen-mr16.pdf

10. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Those enlarger types beiing `overratedĀ“ is a characteristic one does not see.

11. Willie Jan

Willie Jan Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I used a 200watt in my lpl in the past when the 250 passed away. Because i used kentmere paper with short times, this was better for me.. Did not notice any differences in print quality