Luminos Papers

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Adrian Twiss, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Adrian Twiss

Adrian Twiss Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Does anyone know of a European supplier of Luminos papers? Shipping to the UK from USA is very expensive.

Thanks in advance

Adrian

2. oriecat

oriecat Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just curious, which paper do you like? I recently got a Sampler pack of 7 of their papers, and I've only tried one of them (RC VC Pearl) and I had a horrible time with it. I'm hoping the others won't hate me so much...

3. Mateo

Mateo Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I beleive that Luminos is the US branding of Kentmere.

4. Les McLean

Les McLean Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Adrian, Luminos paper is Kentmere. The paper names may be different but it is made in Cumberland

5. Sjixxxy

Sjixxxy Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I really like the FB Glossy Flexicon.

6. Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Flexicon VC

SJXXX-I really liked the Flexicon also. It has what I consider to be a very narrow scale;but if you have the proper neg for it the paper will sing. This paper tones beautifully in selenium also. Worth a try but not the giveaway prices that Luminos used to charge.
    Regards, Peter

7. Adrian Twiss

Adrian Twiss Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well as its Kentmere then the problem is solved. Thanks for responding folks.

Happy new year

Adrian

8. Adrian Twiss

Adrian Twiss Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have never tried Luminos before and was curious about how it would compare with my favorite Forte papers. However I have used Kentmere Fineprint VC and Art Classic and liked them both.

9. mikeg

mikeg Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    When Ilford went bust last year I decided to give Kentmere a try as I'd never used their paper. I quite liked the RC VC Select, it's perfectly acceptable for test and work prints, contact sheets etc. It's slightly thinner than Ilford MGIV and is about a stop faster. I also liked the Fineprint fibre range especially the warmtone version.

They had an advert in B&W Photography a few months ago offering free samples so, if you give them a ring or email them then they will send you up to 3 different papers. I got 3 10x8 sheets of Kentona, Document Art and Art de Luxe. Unfortunately I've been too busy to try them yet.

Mike

10. TPPhotog

TPPhotog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I tried some Kentmere earlier in the year and liked it, unfortunately I only found a supplier who could guarantee to get it in locally this week. One thing I did find is I had to be more careful about touching the the print side when I was setting it up under the enlarger or it picked up my finger marks. I'll certainly be trying it again now and as I've started using surgical gloves tricky fingers won't be a problem.