Mac Paper Adds Kodak Full Product Line

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Tom1956, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Tom1956

Tom1956 Inactive

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Well, well, well--looks like the new Kodak has landed itself quite a distributor. Being a printer, I just got the news on my e-mail that Mac Papers has added the complete Kodak line. Mac Papers is a pretty sizable paper company throughout the southern states with 22 branch locations. I buy from Mac and have been to their distribution center in Charlotte. It's BIG. Huge. So if there's 21 others like that, then Kodak has landed themselves a nice fish.
    http://graphics.kodak.com/US/en/default.htm

2. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is Eastman Kodak - the company that still has a film manufacturing machine, but otherwise has nothing to do with film.

Kodak Alaris is the one that still manufactures colour photographic paper, and sells and distributes still films and photographic chemistry.

3. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    What's the connection between Mac Papers and the analogue part of Kodak or is this the old Kodak with now nothing to do with analogue materials.

Just curiosity on my part and seeking to find out if your announcement is good news for the Kodak we analoguers need.

Thanks

pentaxuser

4. Prof_Pixel

Prof_Pixel Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It seems to me that in the past Kodak had marketed paper for the printing trade (NOT photo paper) manufactured by others.

5. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is the "new" Eastman Kodak: http://www.kodak.com/ek/US/en/Home.htm

The stuff we are interested in here on APUG can be found referenced under the tab "Kodak Brand Partners" - the Kodak Alaris sub-links.

Eastman Kodak is now almost exclusively a player in the Commercial Printing industry.

6. Ken Nadvornick

Ken Nadvornick Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is exactly what Perez has been telling us, and anyone else who would listen to him, for years now. And some messengers here have been half beaten to death when pointing out that simple fact.

Good to see everyone is finally coming on board with it. Better late than never...

Ken