Magnet came off my Jobo !!!

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by lordvader, May 31, 2011.

  1. lordvader

    lordvader Member

    Messages:
    47
    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2010
    Location:
    Melbourne, V
    Shooter:
    35mm
    Hey all !

    So, I've been processing a lot of film with my Jobo CPE-2 (non plus). Lately, the magnet (on the jobo end) has been wobbling, and has finally fallen off (fortunately not mid-process).

    What would be the best way to re-attach it ? Would super glue suffice, or should I go for an epoxy ?

    Thanks :smile:
     
  2. werra

    werra Subscriber

    Messages:
    334
    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2007
    Location:
    Tallinn, Est
    Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have reattached the magnets to tanks and machine itself with ordinary silicone sealant, used in construction etc. Works great and is a bit flexible.
     
  3. lordvader

    lordvader Member

    Messages:
    47
    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2010
    Location:
    Melbourne, V
    Shooter:
    35mm
    The thought has crossed my mind, but I assumed that something like that will be too flexible ...
    I'm guessing you used the minimum amount ?
     
  4. werra

    werra Subscriber

    Messages:
    334
    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2007
    Location:
    Tallinn, Est
    Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No, generous amount, to fill all the gap on the side as well, not only backside. Just let it cure for 24hrs or so. Fixed two tanks ca year and processorside 2-3 months ago, nothing has gone loose since that.
    Superglue and epoxy are hard and fragile, you can feel sealant flex just barely, but it's holding strong.
     
  5. hoffy

    hoffy Member

    Messages:
    2,352
    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2009
    Location:
    Adelaide, Au
    Shooter:
    Multi Format
    As long as everything is clean, Silicon sticks like Poo to a blanket. The good thing about it also, is that it will peel of relatively easily if you need to disassemble.
     
  6. CatLABS

    CatLABS Subscriber

    Messages:
    1,476
    Joined:
    May 20, 2011
    Location:
    MA, USA
    Shooter:
    Large Format
    what did you end up using? how are the results?
     
  7. Greg Davis

    Greg Davis Member

    Messages:
    2,055
    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2004
    Location:
    Nicholasvill
    Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    That happened to mine and I used a two part epoxy that hasn't failed.
     
  8. lordvader

    lordvader Member

    Messages:
    47
    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2010
    Location:
    Melbourne, V
    Shooter:
    35mm
    I ended up using a silicone sealant, which seemed to do the trick.
    Gonna try it out tomorrow, when I have a go at C41 developing :D
     
  9. lordvader

    lordvader Member

    Messages:
    47
    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2010
    Location:
    Melbourne, V
    Shooter:
    35mm
    I ended up using a silicone sealant, which seemed to do the trick.
    Gonna try it out tomorrow, when I have a go at C41 developing :D