Making RC paper look warm

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by marcello.brussard, Sep 2, 2004.

1. marcello.brussard

marcello.brussard Member

Ilford MG IV RC warmtone is a wonderful paper, but sometimes difficult to find, as far as I know there's just one shop who sells it in Rome and it's just on the other side of the town.
    I do not like to plan on RC paper i prefer to buy it whenever i need it. Looking for an alternative I've found the Agfa RC glossy paper to have a tendency toward the warm tones, but not just as warm as Ilford.
    Do you know of any way to make Agfa RC look warmer?

Ciao,

Marcello

2. john_s

john_s Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I haven't used that paper, but Agfa Neutol WA paper developer does give warm tones. However, with a paper not designed to be particularly warm, the improvement might be subtle. The developer has a quite long life in the tray, incidentally.

3. titrisol

titrisol Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ethol LPD 1+10 ar higher dilutions made it look warmer than normal but not as warm as MG WT
    Also try the Paterson Acutone papers.

4. KenM

KenM Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Matches.

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

5. psvensson

psvensson Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yep, Neutol WA is a good developer. If you can't find the Ilford paper, maybe you can find Forte Polywarmtone? I've just started using it, and I think the emulsion is even warmer than Ilford WT in Neutol WA. The base is quite neutral, unlike the pink-peach base of WT. I like it better, others don't.