"Making the final cut" [mount cutting] article by Les McClean

Discussion in 'Presentation & Marketing' started by Fintan, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Fintan

Fintan Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    UK Black and White Photography magazine [issue 37 september] features a great guide to mount cutting by Mr McClean. Highly recommended.

I must say I'm very tempted to try it, looks the very thing for those long winter evenings.

I'm a little unsure about the last bit, mounting the print, another photo for that would be useful Les if you happen across this thread. Perhaps you could do a part two for your opinions on the frame.

2. John McCallum

John McCallum Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That's the US B&W, the collectors rag...the one Fintan refered to is the UK rag..but I agree it is very confusing......

4. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Actually, it is: http://www.thegmcgroup.com/ccp51/cgi-bin/cp-app.pl?aff=&pg=cat&ref=Photography.

It is published by the Guild of Master Craftsmen (how is that for an American :smile: ), and they publish two magazines; B&W Photography and Outdoor Photography (simply the best outdoor photography magazine available anywhere IMO). I used to be able to buy them locally, but, no longer. Unfortunately, they both cost about $85 a year for a subscription in the US (for 12 issues), which is just way too expensive.

5. John McCallum

John McCallum Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Robert. :smile:

6. Fintan

Fintan Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    John, Robert is correct.

If you would like a copy free gratis and for nothing, PM me your address and I will send you one.