Mamiya 330

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Thanasis, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Thanasis

Thanasis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi,

I'm seriously considering getting a Mamiya TLR as a re-entry to MF (the long march to LF continues). One thing that I like about SLRs is the ability to expose at 1/2 or 1/3 stop increments.
    Can anyone advise if it possible to get 1/2 stop increments out of the Mamiya 330 lenses? I know the shutter speeds and apertures are in 1 stop increments but I was wondering if it was possible to set them to a position halfway (or third of the way for that matter) between stops.

regards,
    Thanasis

2. MVNelson

MVNelson Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    apertures can be set at continuos points between whole numbers...btw,

3. grahamp

grahamp Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The shutters are whole stops - strictly mechanical.

4. fschifano

fschifano Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yep, the shutters are in whole stops. The apertures don't have click stops, so it's easy to set them anywhere between the marked settings. Great cameras, BTW. I have two of them (C220's actually) and the optics are top notch.

5. donbga

donbga Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    I recently had a friend who gave me 2 C330s with 5 lenses and a prism; I love using the camera. The lenses are very sharp and on the whole the camera is easy to operate. I shoot mounted on a tripod only since the cameras are quite hefty. The only problem I have is deciding if I should use the C330 or the Rollei-flex which he also gave to me.

I think working with the TLR reminds me of working with my view cameras as the pace is slow and deliberate.

6. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I sold the C330 with CdS Pentaprism and 65mm, 80mm and 250mm lenses [Paraminder, ....] after I had CLAs done and then shot several rolls. I found the fiddle factor was too great for me. I used the money to buy a Hasselblad with a PME with 50mm, 80mm, and 250mm lenses. I just love what the d------l revolution has done to camera prices ... now if the Leica prices will just come down.

Back on topic ... I am very happy with the Hassy. To me it handles like a large 35mm with a larger and brighter viewing screen than the C330.

It is all about what feels good for you ... a matter of taste.

Buy what you want and enjoy.

Steve

7. donbga

donbga Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    Do you mean digital?

I have some Hasselblad equipment for sale if anyone is interested. PM me and I can send you a list of what I have.

8. Blighty

Blighty Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bloody Nora! I wish I friends like yours :smile: :smile:

9. donbga

donbga Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    Well it gets even better than that. He also gave me 3 'Blads with four lenses and several backs and finders!