Mamiya hot shoe size?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by fralexis, Aug 24, 2011.

1. fralexis

fralexis Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I wanted to do some studio work with my Mamiya RZ67. I use an inexpensive hot show mounted wireless flash trigger. The mount works fine on my Nikon products, but it won't physically go into the hot shoe on the RZ67 (yes, the hot shoe on my RZ67 is a "hot" hot shoe that works). Does anyone know if the MF cameras would have used a different standard for a hot shoe? Thanks for your advice!

Alexis

2. CGW

CGW Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It's an ISO hot shoe and should work. Is there a locking collar on your transmitter that needs to be adjusted?

3. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have an cold shoe on my RB67 and seems to me that all my flashes slide on to it.

Jeff

4. brucemuir

brucemuir Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use a Elinchrom Skyport transmitter in the hotshoe of m RZ.
    Mounts just fine.

5. paul ron

paul ron Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The Mamiya hot shoe is a standard shoe. Maybe your trigger is for newer cameras that use the camera CPU to feedback info and has multiple contacts, made so it won't fit a standard mount, insurance it won't short in an older single contact unit?

Check the bottom of your unit to see what the contacts look like? If it is a single contact, then see that the locking color is open all the way before inserting it in the shoe.