Mamiya M645 lenses?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Nick Zentena, May 18, 2005.

1. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Will any of the M645 lenses fit any body? Or have the different bodies introduced issues? Other then AF/MF.

How about finders?

2. Max Power

Max Power Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    According to the Mamiya 645 forum, apart from AF, all lenses are compatible with all bodies from the M645 right up to the E and the ProTL. The finders, however, are different; the finders for the M645 and M645 1000s are different from those for the 645 Super, Pro and Pro TL. The E has a fixed finder.

Kent

3. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Does that include the waist level? I don't really care about the metered prisms.

How about the inserts? The impression I get is the same inserts fit but some bodies take backs and some only the inserts.

Thanks

4. PaulH

PaulH Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    The waist-level from my M645 would not fit on the 645 Super, but I was able to use my 120 insert on both cameras.

5. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The lenses will actually fit all of the 645 series cameras as well, including the AF body, we used a manual focus lens on an AF body just a couple of months ago, and it was reported in a thread that was pretty extensive also, up to the AF body, the inserts are interchangeable and then you have various finders, my TTL prisim has fit my M645, 645J, 6451000 , the pro TL is a different camera, but will still take the same inserts, other than the AF, even if it uses a back the camera will still take the same insert.

Dave

6. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks. I just need to think this over now.